Environmental Hazards and Residential Property Values: Evidence from a Major Pipeline Event
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farber, Stephen, 1998. "Undesirable facilities and property values: a summary of empirical studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1981. "Three Mile Island and Residential Property Values: Empirical Analysis and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 363-372.
- Michaels, R. Gregory & Smith, V. Kerry, 1990. "Market segmentation and valuing amenities with hedonic models: The case of hazardous waste sites," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-242, September.
- Benson, Earl D & Hansen, Julia L. & Schwartz Jr., Arthur & Smersh, Greg T., 1998. "Pricing Residential Amenities: The Value of a View," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Evan Herrnstadt & Richard L. Sweeney, 2017. "What Lies Beneath: Pipeline Awareness and Aversion," NBER Working Papers 23858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Frijters & Benno Torgler & Darshana Rajapaksa & Clevo Wilson & Shunsuke Managi & Vincent Hoang & Boon Lee, 2016. "Flood Risk Information, Actual Floods and Property Values: A Quasi-Experimental Analysis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92, pages 52-67, June.
- Shawn J. McCoy & Randall P. Walsh, 2014. "W.U.I. on Fire: Risk, Salience & Housing Demand," NBER Working Papers 20644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christy Siegel & Steven B. Caudill & Franklin G. Mixon, 2013. "Clear skies, dark waters: The Gulf oil spill and the price of coastal condominiums in Alabama," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53.
- Xu, Minhong & Xu, Yilan, 2017. "Environmental Hazards and Mortgage Credit Risk: Evidence from Texas Pipeline Incidents," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258019, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carolyn Kousky, 2010. "Learning from Extreme Events: Risk Perceptions after the Flood," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Daniel T. Winkler & Bruce L. Gordon, 2013. "The Effect of the BP Oil Spill on Volume and Selling Prices of Oceanfront Condominiums," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 614-631.
- repec:asi:aeafrj:2018:p:1211-1225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hellman, Kelly L. & Walsh, Patrick J., 2017. "Property Values and the Risk from an Oil Spill: the Effects of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in Hillsborough County," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 259117, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:203-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bin, Okmyung & Landry, Craig E., 2013. "Changes in implicit flood risk premiums: Empirical evidence from the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 361-376.
More about this item
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:82:y:2006:i:4:p:529-541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.