Constraining and enabling factors to using long-term climate information in decision-making
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shardul Agrawala & Maarten Van Aalst, 2008. "Adapting development cooperation to adapt to climate change," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 183-193, March.
- Maria Carmen Lemos & Richard B. Rood, 2010. "Climate projections and their impact on policy and practice," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 1(5), pages 670-682, September.
- Jason Corburn, 2009. "Cities, Climate Change and Urban Heat Island Mitigation: Localising Global Environmental Science," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 46(2), pages 413-427, February.
- Sara Barron & Glenis Canete & Jeff Carmichael & David Flanders & Ellen Pond & Stephen Sheppard & Kristi Tatebe, 2012. "A Climate Change Adaptation Planning Process for Low-Lying, Communities Vulnerable to Sea Level Rise," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(9), pages 1-33, September.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Shah, Ankur & Lempert, Robert & Brown, Casey & Gill, Stuart, 2012.
"Investment decision making under deep uncertainty -- application to climate change,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6193, The World Bank.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Investment decision-making under deep uncertainty - application to climate change," Post-Print hal-00802049, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabeth M. Hamin & Yaser Abunnasr & Max Roman Dilthey & Pamela K. Judge & Melissa A. Kenney & Paul Kirshen & Thomas C. Sheahan & Don J. DeGroot & Robert L. Ryan & Brain G. McAdoo & Leonard Nurse & J, 2018. "Pathways to Coastal Resiliency: The Adaptive Gradients Framework," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, July.
- Susannah Fisher & David Dodman & Marissa Epp & Ben Garside, 2019. "Correction to: The usability of climate information in sub-national planning in India, Kenya and Uganda: the role of social learning and intermediary organisations," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 303-304, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anna Kovacs-Györi & Pablo Cabrera-Barona & Bernd Resch & Michael Mehaffy & Thomas Blaschke, 2019. "Assessing and Representing Livability through the Analysis of Residential Preference," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-23, September.
- Annika Styczynski & Jedamiah Wolf & Somdatta Tah & Arnab Bose, 2014. "When decision-making processes fail: an argument for robust climate adaptation planning in the face of uncertainty," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 478-491, December.
- Abdul Tariq & Robert Jay Lempert & John Riverson & Marla Schwartz & Neil Berg, 2017. "A climate stress test of Los Angeles’ water quality plans," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 144(4), pages 625-639, October.
- Lempert Robert J., 2014. "Embedding (some) benefit-cost concepts into decision support processes with deep uncertainty," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 487-514, December.
- Thomas D. Pol & Ekko C. Ierland & Silke Gabbert, 2017. "Economic analysis of adaptive strategies for flood risk management under climate change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 267-285, February.
- Jentsch, Mark F. & James, Patrick A.B. & Bourikas, Leonidas & Bahaj, AbuBakr S., 2013. "Transforming existing weather data for worldwide locations to enable energy and building performance simulation under future climates," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 514-524.
- Bethany Robinson & Jonathan D. Herman, 2019. "A framework for testing dynamic classification of vulnerable scenarios in ensemble water supply projections," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 152(3), pages 431-448, March.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Morrill, Curtis, 2012. "The great recession and the future of cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6256, The World Bank.
- Sussman Fran & Weaver Christopher P. & Grambsch Anne, 2014. "Challenges in applying the paradigm of welfare economics to climate change," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 347-376, December.
- Marjolijn Haasnoot & Maaike Aalst & Julie Rozenberg & Kathleen Dominique & John Matthews & Laurens M. Bouwer & Jarl Kind & N. LeRoy Poff, 2020. "Investments under non-stationarity: economic evaluation of adaptation pathways," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 161(3), pages 451-463, August.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012.
"An exploration of the link between development, economic growth, and natural risk,"
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2013. "An Exploration of the Link Between Development, Economic Growth, and Natural Risk," Working Papers 2013.29, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane, 2013. "An Exploration of the Link Between Development, Economic Growth, and Natural Risk," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 148915, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2012. "An exploration of the link between development, economic growth, and natural risk," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6216, The World Bank.
- Pieter Bloemen & Tim Reeder & Chris Zevenbergen & Jeroen Rijke & Ashley Kingsborough, 2018. "Lessons learned from applying adaptation pathways in flood risk management and challenges for the further development of this approach," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 23(7), pages 1083-1108, October.
- Vera Eory & Cairistiona F. E. Topp & Adam Butler & Dominic Moran, 2018. "Addressing Uncertainty in Efficient Mitigation of Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(3), pages 627-645, September.
- Vinent, Orencio Duran & Johnston, Robert J. & Kirwan, Matthew L. & Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L., 2019.
"Coastal dynamics and adaptation to uncertain sea level rise: Optimal portfolios for salt marsh migration,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Duran, Orencio & Johnston, Robert J. & Kirwan, Matthew L. & Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L., 2019. "Coastal Dynamics and Adaptation to Uncertain Sea Level Rise: Optimal Portfolios for Salt Marsh Migration," 2019 Conference (63rd), February 12-15, 2019, Melbourne, Australia 285075, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES).
- Castán Broto, Vanesa, 2017. "Urban Governance and the Politics of Climate change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 1-15.
- Ingram, Julie & Dwyer, Janet & Gaskell, Peter & Mills, Jane & Wolf, Pieter de, 2018. "Reconceptualising translation in agricultural innovation: A co-translation approach to bring research knowledge and practice closer together," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 38-51.
- Nicola Smith & Charlotte Brown & Garry McDonald & Morag Ayers & Robert Kipp & Wendy Saunders, 2017. "Challenges and Opportunities for Economic Evaluation of Disaster Risk Decisions," Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 111-120, June.
- Denise E. DeLorme & Sonia H. Stephens & Scott C. Hagen, 2018. "Transdisciplinary sea level rise risk communication and outreach strategies from stakeholder focus groups," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 8(1), pages 13-21, March.
- Jan Kwakkel & Marjolijn Haasnoot & Warren Walker, 2015. "Developing dynamic adaptive policy pathways: a computer-assisted approach for developing adaptive strategies for a deeply uncertain world," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 373-386, October.
- Cira,Dean A. & Kalra,Nidhi Rajiv & Lempert,Robert J. & Lotsch,Alexander & Mao, Zhimin & Peyraud, Suzanne & Bach,Sinh Tan, 2013. "Ensuring robust flood risk management in Ho Chi Minh city," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6465, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:tcpoxx:v:17:y:2017:i:5:p:551-572. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/tcpo20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.