Specialization and Concentration from a Twofold Geographical Perspective: Evidence from Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Hallet, 2000. "Regional specialisation and concentration in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 141, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Eleonora CUTRINI, 2006. "The Balassa Index Meets the Dissimilarity Theil Index: a Decomposition Methodology for Location Studies," Working Papers 274, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Haaland, J.I. & Kind, H.J. & knarvik, K.H.M. & Torstensson, J., 1998. "What Determines the Economic Geography of Europe?," Papers 19/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Brülhart, Marius, 1996. "Regional Integration, Scale Economies and Industry Location in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1435, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del RÍo, 2012.
"Concentration of Economic Activity: Inequality-Based Measures,"
Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 223-246, June.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2010. "Concentration of economic activity: Inequality-based measures," Working Papers 1006, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Nicola Cortinovis & Frank Oort, 2015. "Variety, economic growth and knowledge intensity of European regions: a spatial panel analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(1), pages 7-32, October.
- Eleonora Cutrini & Giorgio Galeazzi, 2017. "External Public Debt, Trade Linkages and Contagion During the Eurozone Crisis," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(9), pages 1718-1749, September.
- Adriana-Elena (REVEIU) DÂRDAL?, 2012. "A Spatial Based Analysis Of Romania’S High-Tech Industry," REVISTA ADMINISTRATIE SI MANAGEMENT PUBLIC, Faculty of Administration and Public Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2012(8), pages 165-172, June.
- Sandrine Noblet & Antoine Belgodere, 2016.
"Coordination Costs and the Geography of Production,"
Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 392-412, October.
- Sandrine Noblet & Antoine Belgodere, 2016. "« Coordination Costs and the Geography of Production »," Post-Print hal-01359254, HAL.
- Bickenbach, Frank & Bode, Eckhardt & Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2010. "Structural cohesion in Europe: Stylized facts," Kiel Working Papers 1669, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Longhi, Christian & Musolesi, Antonio & Baumont, Catherine, 2014.
"Modeling structural change in the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 395-407.
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi & Catherine Baumont, 2014. "Modeling structural change in the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration," Post-Print halshs-01228053, HAL.
- Dieter F. Kogler & Jürgen Essletzbichler & David L. Rigby, 2017.
"The evolution of specialization in the EU15 knowledge space,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 345-373.
- Dieter F. Kogler & Jürgen Essletzbichler & David L. Rigby, 2015. "The Evolution of Specialization in the EU15 Knowledge Space," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1515, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2015.
- Frank Bickenbach & Eckhardt Bode & Christiane Krieger-Boden, 2013.
"Closing the gap between absolute and relative measures of localization, concentration or specialization,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(3), pages 465-479, August.
- Bickenbach, Frank & Bode, Eckhardt & Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2010. "Closing the gap between absolute and relative measures of localization, concentration or specialization," Kiel Working Papers 1660, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wolfgang Dauth & Michaela Fuchs & Anne Otto, 2018.
"Long‐run processes of geographical concentration and dispersion: Evidence from Germany,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(3), pages 569-593, August.
- Dauth, Wolfgang & Fuchs, Michaela & Otto, Anne, 2015. "Long-run processes of geographical concentration and dispersion : evidence from Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 201527, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Jonathan Jones, 2017. "Agglomeration economies and the location of foreign direct investment: A meta-analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(5), pages 731-757, November.
- Emmanouil Tranos & Peter Nijkamp, 2014. "Digital infrastructure and physical proximity," Chapters, in: André Torre & Frédéric Wallet (ed.),Regional Development and Proximity Relations, chapter 8, pages 267-290, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2011. "Measuring concentration: Lorenz curves and their decompositions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(2), pages 451-475, October.
- Theodore Tsekeris & Klimis Vogiatzoglou, 2014. "Public infrastructure investments and regional specialization: empirical evidence from Greece," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 265-289, August.
- Eleonora Cutrini and Giorgio Galeazzi, 2014. "Contagion in the Euro crisis: capital flows and trade linkages," Working Papers 44-2014, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Nov 2014.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2009. "Geographic Concentration of Economic Activity: An aggregate index," Working Papers 0901, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Lehtonen Olli & Tykkyläinen Markku & Voutilainen Olli, 2012. "Root causes of rural decline in economic well-being in Finland," European Countryside, Sciendo, vol. 4(3), pages 217-239, January.
More about this item
KeywordsLocalization; Specialization; Concentration; European economic integration; Twofold geographical analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:44:y:2010:i:3:p:315-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.