Concentration of Economic Activity: Inequality-Based Measures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2010. "Concentration of economic activity: Inequality-based measures," Working Papers 1006, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2009. "Geographic Concentration of Economic Activity: An aggregate index," Working Papers 0901, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Jens Suedekum, 2006.
"Concentration and Specialization Trends in Germany since Re-unification,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(8), pages 861-873.
- Suedekum, Jens, 2004. "Concentration and Specialisation Trends in Germany since Reunification," HWWA Discussion Papers 285, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Joeri Gorter & Albert van der Horst & S. Brakman & H.F.L. Garretsen & M. Schram, 2005.
"New economic geography, empirics, and regional policy,"
CPB Special Publication
56, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Joeri Gorter & Albert Van der Horst, 2005. "New Economic Geography, Empirics, and Regional Policy," ERSA conference papers ersa05p236, European Regional Science Association.
- Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009. "Measuring geographic concentration: Lorenz curves and their decompositions," Working Papers 0902, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Karl Aiginger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2004. "The Single Market and Geographic Concentration in Europe," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Frank Bickenbach & Eckhardt Bode, 2008. "Disproportionality Measures of Concentration, Specialization, and Localization," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 31(4), pages 359-388, October.
- Haaland, J.I. & Kind, H.J. & knarvik, K.H.M. & Torstensson, J., 1998. "What Determines the Economic Geography of Europe?," Papers 19/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Paulo Guimarães & Octávio Figueiredo & Douglas Woodward, 2007. "Measuring The Localization Of Economic Activity: A Parametric Approach," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 753-774.
- Alonso-Villar, Olga & del Río, Coral, 2010. "Local versus overall segregation measures," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 30-38, July.
- Cutrini, Eleonora, 2009. "Using entropy measures to disentangle regional from national localization patterns," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 243-250, March.
- Eleonora Cutrini, 2010. "Specialization and Concentration from a Twofold Geographical Perspective: Evidence from Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 315-336.
- Ana Muñiz & Antonio Raya & Carmen Carvajal, 2010. "Spanish and European innovation diffusion: a structural hole approach in the input–output field," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 147-165, February.
More about this item
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:specan:v:7:y:2012:i:2:p:223-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RSEA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.