Does herding affect volatility? Implications for the Spanish stock market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esin Cakan & Rıza Demirer & Rangan Gupta & Hardik A. Marfatia, 2017. "Oil Speculation and Herding Behavior in Emerging Stock Markets," Working Papers 201749, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Withanage, Yeshan & Jayasinghe, Prabhath, 2017. "Volatility Spillovers between South Asian Stock Markets: Evidence from Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan," MPRA Paper 82782, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2017.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9381-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- T. T. Chen & B. Zheng & Y. Li & X. F. Jiang, 2017. "New approaches in agent-based modeling of complex financial systems," Papers 1703.06840, arXiv.org.
- Omokolade Akinsomi & Yener Coskun & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "Analysis of Herding in REITs of an Emerging Market: The Case of Turkey," Working Papers 201666, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:50-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gavriilidis, Konstantinos & Kallinterakis, Vasileios & Ferreira, Mario Pedro Leite, 2013. "Institutional industry herding: Intentional or spurious?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 192-214.
- Omokolade Akinsomi & Mehmet Balcilar & Rıza Demirer & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"The effect of gold market speculation on REIT returns in South Africa: a behavioral perspective,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(4), pages 774-793, October.
- Kola Akinsomi & Mehmet Balcilar & Rıza Demirer & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "The Effect of Gold Market Speculation on REIT Returns in South Africa: A Behavioral Perspective," Working Papers 201643, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Demirer, Rıza & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhang, Huacheng, 2014. "Do ADR investors herd?: Evidence from advanced and emerging markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 138-148.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:23:y:2017:i:c:p:121-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Demirer, Rıza & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2014. "What drives herding in oil-rich, developing stock markets? Relative roles of own volatility and global factors," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 418-440.
- Petros Messis & Achilleas Zapranis, 2014. "Herding behaviour and volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(5), pages 572-590, November.
- Economou, Fotini & Gavriilidis, Konstantinos & Goyal, Abhinav & Kallinterakis, Vasileios, 2015. "Herding dynamics in exchange groups: Evidence from Euronext," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 228-244.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Demirer, Rıza & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2013. "Investor herds and regime-switching: Evidence from Gulf Arab stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 295-321.
- Demirer, Rıza & Lee, Hsiang-Tai & Lien, Donald, 2015. "Does the stock market drive herd behavior in commodity futures markets?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 32-44.
- M. Fern'andez-Mart'inez & M. A S'anchez-Granero & Mar'ia Jos'e Mu~noz Torrecillas & Bill McKelvey, 2016. "A comparison among some Hurst exponent approaches to predict nascent bubbles in $500$ company stocks," Papers 1601.04188, arXiv.org.
- Cipollini, Andrea & Cascio, Iolanda Lo & Muzzioli, Silvia, 2015.
"Volatility co-movements: A time-scale decomposition analysis,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 34-44.
- Andrea Cipollini & Iolanda Lo Cascio & Silvia Muzzioli, 2013. "Volatility co-movements: a time scale decomposition analysis," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 13111, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:25-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehmet Balcilar & Riza Demirer & Talat Ulussever, 2016. "Does speculation in the oil market drive investor herding in net exporting nations?," Working Papers 15-29, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Jun-jie Chen & Bo Zheng & Lei Tan, 2014. "Agent-based model with asymmetric trading and herding for complex financial systems," Papers 1407.5258, arXiv.org.
- Mydhili Virigineni & M. Bhaskara Rao, 2017. "Contemporary Developments in Behavioral Finance," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 448-459.
- Litimi, Houda & BenSaïda, Ahmed & Bouraoui, Omar, 2016. "Herding and excessive risk in the American stock market: A sectoral analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 6-21.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:quantf:v:12:y:2012:i:2:p:311-327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.