Persuasive and Informative Advertising: A Classroom Experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Beth A. Freeborn & Jason P. Hulbert, 2009. "Persuasive and Informative Advertising: A Classroom Experiment," Working Papers 85, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Robert Clark, 2007. "Advertising Restrictions and Competition in the Childrenâ€™s Breakfast Cereal Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50, pages 757-780.
- Avinash Dixit & Victor Norman, 1978.
"Advertising and Welfare,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising and Welfare," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 082, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Frank, Bjorn, 1997. "The Impact of Classroom Experiments on the Learning of Economics: An Empirical Investigation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 763-769, October.
- Yvonne Durham & Thomas Mckinnon & Craig Schulman, 2007. "Classroom Experiments: Not Just Fun And Games," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(1), pages 162-178, January.
- Rosenblat, Tanya, 2009. "Vertical Integration of Successive Monopolists: A Classroom Experiment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13027, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2000. "Introduction to Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032864, January.
- Tisha L. N. Emerson & Beck A. Taylor, 2004. "Comparing Student Achievement across Experimental and Lecture-Oriented Sections of a Principles of Microeconomics Course," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 672-693, January.
- Mark Dickie, 2006. "Do Classroom Experiments Increase Learning in Introductory Microeconomics?," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 267-288, July.
- Oz Shy, 1996. "Industrial Organization: Theory and Applications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691795, January.
- Capra, C. Monica & Goeree, Jacob K. & Gomez, Rosario & Holt, Charles A., 2000. "Predation, asymmetric information and strategic behavior in the classroom: an experimental approach to the teaching of industrial organization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 205-225, January.
- Ackerberg, Daniel A, 2001. "Empirically Distinguishing Informative and Prestige Effects of Advertising," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 316-333, Summer.
- Atin Basuchoudhary & Christopher Metcalf & Kai Pommerenke & David Reiley & Christian Rojas & Marzena Rostek & James Stodder, 2008. "Price Discrimination and Resale: A Classroom Experiment," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 229-244, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Correa, Manuel & García-Quero, Fernando & Ortega-Ortega, Marta, 2016. "A role-play to explain cartel behavior: Discussing the oligopolistic market," International Review of Economics Education, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 8-15.
More about this item
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jeduce:v:42:y:2011:i:1:p:51-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.