The dynamics of welfare gains and losses: An African case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glewwe, P. & Hall, G., 1992. "Poverty and Inequality during Unorthodox Adjustment," Papers 86, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1993. "The evolution of welfare and poverty under structural change and economic recession in Cote d'Ivoire, 1985-88," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1078, The World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold & Garcia, Marito, 1993. "Poverty, household food security, and nutrition in rural Pakistan:," Research reports 96, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2005.
"Measuring the poverty reduction potential of land in rural Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 27-51, June.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6xg1q0dg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain, 2002. "Measuring the Poverty Reduction Potential of Land in Rural Mexico," CUDARE Working Papers 25056, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Robert Duval Hernández, 2007. "Dynamics of Labor Market Earnings in Urban Mexico, 1987-2002," Working papers DTE 401, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Marijke Verpoorten & Lode Berlage, 2004.
"Genocide and land scarcity: Can Rwandan rural households manage?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-15, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marijke Verpoorten & Lode Berlage, 2004. "Genocide and Land Scarcity: Can Rwandan Rural Households Manage?," Development and Comp Systems 0409061, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahin Yaqub, 2003. "Relating Severe Poverty and Chronic Poverty," Working Papers wpdea0307, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Uche M. Ozughalu & Fidelis O. Ogwumike, 2013. "Vulnerability to Food Poverty in Nigeria," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(3), pages 243-255, September.
- Godstime Osekhebhen Eigbiremolen & Jonathan Emenike Ogbuabor, 2018. "Measurement and Determinants of Food Poverty: A Dynamic Analysis of Nigeria's First Panel Survey Data," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 30(4), pages 423-433, December.
- Susanne Väth & Simone Gobien, 2014. "Life Satisfaction, Contract Farming and Property Rights: Evidence from Ghana," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201415, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- World Bank, 2000. "Can Africa Claim the 21st Century?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22962, December.
- Susanne Väth & Michael Kirk, 2014. "Do property rights and contract farming matter for rural development? Evidence from a large-scale investment in Ghana," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201416, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Mckay, Andrew & Lawson, David, 2003. "Assessing the Extent and Nature of Chronic Poverty in Low Income Countries: Issues and Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 425-439, March.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2016.
"The Effect of Land Restitution on Poverty Reduction among the Khomani San “Bushmen” in South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(1), pages 63-80, March.
- Johane Dikgang and Edwin Muchapondwa, 2013. "The Effect of Land Restitution on Poverty Reduction Among the Khomani San "Bushmen" in South Africa," Working Papers 352, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4977 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Elizabeth Gaughan & Forrest Robert Stevens & Narcisa Gabriela Pricope & Joel Hartter & Lin Cassidy & Jonathan Salerno, 2019. "Operationalizing Vulnerability: Land System Dynamics in a Transfrontier Conservation Area," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2004.
"Growth, Inequality and Labor Markets in LDCs: A Survey,"
289990, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Ayal Kimhi, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Labor Markets in LDCs: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 1281, CESifo.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1999. "Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2021-2044, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc J.M. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2000. "On Measuring Household Food Vulnerability: Case Evidence from Northern Mali," Working Papers 127676, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2008. "Globalization, Growth, and Distribution," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 28017, December.
- Gisele Kamanou & Jonathan Morduch, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability to Poverty," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-58, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- G. M. Arif & Shujaat Farooq, 2014.
"Rural Poverty Dynamics in Pakistan: Evidence from Three Waves of the Panel Survey,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 53(2), pages 71-98.
- G. M. Arif & Shujaat Farooq, 2012. "Rural Poverty Dynamics in Pakistan: Evidence from Three Waves of the Panel Survey," Poverty and Social Dynamics Paper Series 2012:02, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Maluccio, John A. & Haddad, Lawrence James & May, Julian, 1999. "Social capital and income generation in South Africa, 1993-98," FCND discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chandra Bahadur Adhikar & Trond Bjorndal, 2014. "Economic Relationship between Access to Land and Rural Poverty in Nepal," Applied Economics Journal, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Economics, Center for Applied Economic Research, vol. 21(1), pages 20-41, June.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Dercon, Stefan, 2012.
"Nonlinear dynamics of livestock assets: Evidence from Ethiopia,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1215, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:33:y:1997:i:5:p:635-657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.