On using mandatory retirement to reduce workforce in korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Morley Gunderson & James E. Pesando, 1980. "Eliminating Mandatory Retirement: Economics and Human Rights," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 6(2), pages 352-360, Spring.
- Chiang, Sin-Hwan, 1986. "Cost Savings, Wages and the Growth of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 798-807, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chulhee Lee & Jinkook Lee, 2011. "Employment Status, Quality of Matching, and Retirement in Korea Evidence from Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging," Working Papers WR-834, RAND Corporation.
- Giles, John T. & Wang, Dewen & Cai, Wei, 2011.
"The Labor Supply and Retirement Behavior of China's Older Workers and Elderly in Comparative Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6088, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giles, John & Wang, Dewen & Cai, Wei, 2011. "The labor supply and retirement behavior of China's older workers and elderly in comparative perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5853, The World Bank.
- Chulhee Lee, 2010. "Labor-Force Participation of Older Males in Korea: 1955 to 2005," NBER Chapters,in: The Economic Consequences of Demographic Change in East Asia, NBER-EASE Volume 19, pages 281-313 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chulhee Lee, 2009. "Labor Force Participation of Older Males in Korea: 1955-2005," NBER Working Papers 14800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chulhee Lee, 2008. "Retirement Expectations of Older Self-Employed Workers in Korea: Comparison with Wage and Salary Workers," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 24, pages 33-71.
- Klassen, Thomas R., 2012. "The Future of Contractual Mandatory Retirement in South Korea," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 19 Feb 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsMandatory retirement; employment adjustment; labour cost; labour union;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:19:y:2005:i:2:p:283-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.