On using mandatory retirement to reduce workforce in korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Morley Gunderson & James E. Pesando, 1980. "Eliminating Mandatory Retirement: Economics and Human Rights," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 6(2), pages 352-360, Spring.
- Chiang, Sin-Hwan, 1986. "Cost Savings, Wages and the Growth of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 798-807, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chulhee Lee & Jinkook Lee, 2011. "Employment Status, Quality of Matching, and Retirement in Korea Evidence from Korean Longitudinal Study of Aging," Working Papers WR-834, RAND Corporation.
- Giles, John T. & Wang, Dewen & Cai, Wei, 2011.
"The Labor Supply and Retirement Behavior of China's Older Workers and Elderly in Comparative Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6088, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giles, John & Wang, Dewen & Cai, Wei, 2011. "The labor supply and retirement behavior of China's older workers and elderly in comparative perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5853, The World Bank.
- Chulhee Lee, 2010. "Labor-Force Participation of Older Males in Korea: 1955 to 2005," NBER Chapters,in: The Economic Consequences of Demographic Change in East Asia, NBER-EASE Volume 19, pages 281-313 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klassen, Thomas R., 2012. "The Future of Contractual Mandatory Retirement in South Korea," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 19 Feb 2012.
- Chulhee Lee, 2009. "Labor Force Participation of Older Males in Korea: 1955-2005," NBER Working Papers 14800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chulhee Lee, 2008. "Retirement Expectations of Older Self-Employed Workers in Korea: Comparison with Wage and Salary Workers," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 24, pages 33-71.
More about this item
KeywordsMandatory retirement; employment adjustment; labour cost; labour union;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:19:y:2005:i:2:p:283-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 .