UK stock price effects of permanent and transitory shocks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Crowder, William J & Wohar, Mark E, 1998. "Stock Price Effects of Permanent and Transitory Shocks," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(4), pages 540-552, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 2001.
"Valuation Ratios and the Long-Run Stock Market Outlook: An Update,"
NBER Working Papers
8221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 2001. "Valuation Ratios and the Long-run Stock Market Outlook: An Update," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1295, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nélson Leitão Paes & Cássio Da Nóbrega Besarria & Marcelo Eduardo Alves Da Silva, 2018. "Bubbles In The Prices Of Housing? Evidence To Brazil?S Economy," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 118, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Edward Bernard Bastiaan de Rivera y Rivera & Diógenes Manoel Leiva Martin & Emerson Fernandes Marçal & Leonardo Fernando Cruz Basso, 2012. "Present value model between prices and dividends with constant and time-varying expected returns: enterprise-level Brazilian stock market evidence from non-stationary panels," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 9(4), pages 51-86, October.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-462 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathan S. Balke & Mark E. Wohar, 2009. "Market fundamentals versus rational bubbles in stock prices: a Bayesian perspective," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 35-75.
- Cunado, J. & Gil-Alana, L.A. & de Gracia, F. Perez, 2005. "A test for rational bubbles in the NASDAQ stock index: A fractionally integrated approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2633-2654, October.
- Natalya (Natasha) Delcoure & Harmeet Singh, 2018. "Oil and equity: too deep into each other," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 42(1), pages 89-111, January.
- Ye, Yonggang & Chang, Tsangyao & Hung, Ken & Lu, Yang-Cheng, 2011. "Revisiting rational bubbles in the G-7 stock markets using the Fourier unit root test and the nonparametric rank test for cointegration," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 346-357.
- Cássio da Nóbrega Besarria & Nelson Leitão Paes & Marcelo Eduardo Alves Silva, 2018. "Testing for bubbles in housing markets: some evidence for Brazil," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 11(5), pages 754-770, June.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wen-Chi Liu, 2008. "Rational Bubbles in the Korea Stock Market? Further Evidence based on Nonlinear and Nonparametric Cointegration Tests," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(34), pages 1-12.
- Tsangyao Chang & Luis Gil-Alana & Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta & Omid Ranjbar, 2016. "Testing for bubbles in the BRICS stock markets," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 43(4), pages 646-660, September.
- Ullah, Irfan & Ahmed, Mumtaz, 2021. "Identifying Phases of Ebullience in EFTA Stock Markets," MPRA Paper 109633, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leone, Vitor & de Medeiros, Otavio Ribeiro, 2015. "Signalling the Dotcom bubble: A multiple changes in persistence approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 77-86.
- Nasseh, Alireza & Strauss, Jack, 2004. "Stock prices and the dividend discount model: did their relation break down in the 1990s?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 191-207, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hillebrand, Eric & Schnabl, Gunther & Ulu, Yasemin, 2009.
"Japanese foreign exchange intervention and the yen-to-dollar exchange rate: A simultaneous equations approach using realized volatility,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 490-505, July.
- Eric Hillebrand & Gunther Schnabl & Yasemin Ulu, 2006. "Japanese Foreign Exchange Intervention and the Yen/Dollar Exchange Rate: A Simultaneous Equations Approach Using Realized Volatility," CESifo Working Paper Series 1766, CESifo.
- Anikó Bíró, 2013. "Subjective mortality hazard shocks and the adjustment of consumption expenditures," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 1379-1408, October.
- Zanini, Fabio C. & Irwin, Scott H. & Schnitkey, Gary D. & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2000. "Estimating Farm-Level Yield Distributions For Corn And Soybeans In Illinois," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21720, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Giuseppe Croce & Emanuela Ghignoni, 2011.
"Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets,"
Working Papers in Public Economics
145, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Economics and Law.
- Croce, Giuseppe & Ghignoni, Emanuela, 2011. "Overeducation and spatial flexibility in Italian local labour markets," MPRA Paper 29670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chasco, Coro & López, Ana María & Guillain, Rachel, 2008. "The non-stationary influence of geography on the spatial agglomeration of production in the EU," MPRA Paper 10737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2007.
"Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 141-166, November.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2004. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04100, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00175929, HAL.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2006. "Asymptotic And Bootstrap Inference For Inequality And Poverty Measures," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Post-Print halshs-00175929, HAL.
- Darrian Collins & Clem Tisdell, 2004.
"Outbound Business Travel Depends on Business Returns: Australian Evidence,"
Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 192-207, June.
- Collins, Darrian & Tisdell, Clement A., 2003. "Outbound Business Travel Depends on Business Returns: Australian Evidence," Economic Theory, Applications and Issues Working Papers 90527, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Caginalp, Gunduz & DeSantis, Mark, 2017. "Does price efficiency increase with trading volume? Evidence of nonlinearity and power laws in ETFs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 467(C), pages 436-452.
- Jongeneel, Roelof A. & Ge, Lan, 2005. "Explaining Growth in Dutch Agriculture: Prices, Public R&D, and Technological Change," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24573, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dong, Yingying, 2010.
"Jumpy or Kinky? Regression Discontinuity without the Discontinuity,"
25461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yingying Dong, 2011. "Jumpy or Kinky? Regression Discontinuity without the Discontinuity," Working Papers 111207, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Temple, 2002.
"The Assessment: The New Economy,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 241-264.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2002. "An Assessment of the New Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3597, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Temple, 2002. "An Assessment of the New Economy," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 02/542, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- PAUL CASHIN & C. JOHN McDERMOTT, 1998.
"Are Australia's Current Account Deficits Excessive?,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 74(227), pages 346-361, December.
- Cashin, P., 1996. "Are Australia's Current Account deficits Excessive?," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 533, The University of Melbourne.
- Mr. Paul Cashin & Mr. C. John McDermott, 1996. "Are Australia's Current Account Deficits Excessive?," IMF Working Papers 1996/085, International Monetary Fund.
- Barnett, William A. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2008.
"Consumer preferences and demand systems,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 210-224, December.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis, 2008. "Consumer preferences and demand systems," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200801, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2008.
- Barnett, William A. & Serletis, Apostolos, 2008. "Consumer preferences and demand systems," MPRA Paper 8413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hany Eldemerdash & Hugh Metcalf & Sara Maioli, 2014. "Twin deficits: new evidence from a developing (oil vs. non-oil) countries’ perspective," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 825-851, November.
- Rao, Surekha & Ghali, Moheb & Krieg, John, 2008. "On the J-test for nonnested hypotheses and Bayesian extension," MPRA Paper 14637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agnes Quisumbing & Neha Kumar, 2011.
"Does social capital build women's assets? The long-term impacts of group-based and individual dissemination of agricultural technology in Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 220-242.
- Kumar, Neha & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2010. "Does social capital build women's assets?: The long-term impacts of group-based and individual dissemination of agricultural technology in Bangladesh," CAPRi working papers 97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Glaser, Markus, 2003. "Online Broker Investors: Demographic Information, Investment Strategy, Portfolio Positions, and Trading Activity," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-18, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Delis, Manthos & Savva, Christos & Theodossiou, Panayiotis, 2020. "A Coronavirus Asset Pricing Model: The Role of Skewness," MPRA Paper 100877, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giovanni Trovato & Marco AlfÃ³, 2006. "Credit rationing and the financial structure of Italian small and medium enterprises," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 167-184, May.
- Schimmelpfennig, Axel, 1998. "The celtic tiger faces the factor price frontier: Labour market adjustment in Ireland," Kiel Working Papers 855, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
More about this item
Keywordsstock prices; permanent dividend shock; cointegrated VAR;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:16:y:2010:i:7:p:641-656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.