Information costs and liquidity effects from changes in the FTSE 100 list
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pruitt, Stephen W & Wei, K C John, 1989. " Institutional Ownership and Changes in the S&P 500," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 509-513, June.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Kraus, Alan & Stoll, Hans R, 1972. "Price Impacts of Block Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 569-588, June.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregoriou, Andros & Gupta, Jairaj & Healy, Jerome, 2016. "Does Islamic banking increase the liquidity of stocks? An application to the Kingdom of Bahrain," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 132-138.
- Fernandes, Marcelo & Mergulhão, João, 2016.
"Anticipatory effects in the FTSE 100 index revisions,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 79-90.
- Fernandes, Marcelo & Mergulhão, João de Mendonça, 2013. "Anticipatory effects in the FTSE 100 index revisions," Textos para discussão 345, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Marcelo Fernandes & João Mergulhão, 2015. "Anticipatory Effects in the FTSE 100 Index Revisions," Working Papers 773, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- repec:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:228-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Witte, Björn-Christopher, 2013. "Fundamental traders' ‘tragedy of the commons’: Information costs and other determinants for the survival of experts and noise traders in financial markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 377-385.
- Gregoriou, Andros & Nguyen, Ngoc Dung, 2010. "Stock liquidity and investment opportunities: New evidence from FTSE 100 index deletions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 267-274, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation costs; trading costs; bid-ask spreads; liquidity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:12:y:2006:i:4:p:347-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .