Strategic Defense And Attack For Series And Parallel Reliability Systems: Rejoinder
In our original comment, we showed that Hausken's characterization of Nash equilibrium is invalid for much of the parameter space examined and provided necessary conditions for his solution to hold. Most of the comments in his reply are either tangential or irrelevant. However, several of the claims made in the reply reveal continuing misunderstandings and gaps in his understanding. In this rejoinder, we briefly clarify the fundamental issues.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 23 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/GDPE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kjell Hausken, 2012. "Strategic defense and attack for series and parallel reliability systems: reply 1 to comment 1," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 525-531, October.
- Hausken, Kjell, 2010. "Strategic Defense and Attack for Series and Parallel Reliability Systems: Reply on Comment," MPRA Paper 25497, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Oct 2010.
- Hausken, Kjell, 2008. "Strategic defense and attack for series and parallel reliability systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 856-881, April.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2010. "The Optimal Defense of Networks of Targets," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1251, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Page Jr, Frank H., 2007. "Uniform payoff security and Nash equilibrium in compact games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 566-575, May.
- Guoqiang Tian, 2009. "The Existence of Equilibria in Games with Arbitrary Strategy Spaces and Payoffs: A Full Characterization," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000160, David K. Levine.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2012.
"Strategic Defense And Attack For Series And Parallel Reliability Systems: Comment,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 507-515, October.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2010. "Strategic Defense and Attack for Series and Parallel Reliability Systems: Comment," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1253, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Anarchy and Its Breakdown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 26-52, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:23:y:2012:i:5:p:521-524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.