Strategic Defense and Attack for Series and Parallel Reliability Systems: Reply on Comment
Kovenock and Roberson’s (2010) paper has the potential to advance the research frontier, but has deficiencies. This paper suggests how Kovenock and Roberson’s (2010) paper can be developed into a more substantial paper. Kovenock and Roberson’s (2010) paper consists of three sections. The first section is an introduction which is OK but has no results. The second section, titled “Model and Main Result”, provides no contribution beyond Hausken (2008a). It consists of equations (1)-(10) which are equivalent to equations developed by Hausken (2008a), and equation (11) which is equivalent to the requirement u≥0 and U≥0 provided after equation (17) in Hausken (2008a). The third section quotes Hausken (2008a) once in one sentence which means that section 3 does not belong as a comment on the paper written by Hausken (2008a). The authors are encouraged to develop a new paper based on many interesting ideas in this note. The new paper should develop further the idea of mixed strategies presented in section 3. The new paper may be titled: “Strategic Defense and Attack for Series and Parallel Reliability Systems when Allowing Mixed Strategies”.
|Date of creation:||27 Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:||02 Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausken, Kjell, 2008. "Strategic defense and attack for series and parallel reliability systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 856-881, April.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Anarchy and Its Breakdown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 26-52, February.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:93:y:2008:i:11:p:1740-1750 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2012.
"Strategic Defense And Attack For Series And Parallel Reliability Systems: Comment,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 507-515, October.
- Dan Kovenock & Brian Roberson, 2010. "Strategic Defense and Attack for Series and Parallel Reliability Systems: Comment," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1253, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:95:y:2010:i:1:p:29-42 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.