More is better: evidence that joint patenting leads to quality innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Griliches, Zvi, 2000.
"Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 363-387, April.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 5945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A QuUality LadderModel Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 6753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patters of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1795, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Discussion Papers 188, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Zvi Griliches & Tor Jakob Klette, 1999. "Empirical patterns of firm growth and R&D investment: a quality ladder model interpretation," IFS Working Papers W99/25, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Klette, T.J. & Griliches, Z., 1998. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: a Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Memorandum 23/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Florian Schuett, 2013.
"Patent quality and incentives at the patent office,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 44(2), pages 313-336, June.
- Florian Schuett, 2009. "Inventors and Impostors: An Economic Analysis of Patent Examination," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/28, European University Institute.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 1990. "A Penny for Your Quotes: Patent Citations and the Value of Innovations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 172-187, Spring.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1991.
"Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 43-61.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1989. "Quality Ledders In The Theory Of Growth," Papers 148, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1989. "Quality Ladders in the Theory of Growth," NBER Working Papers 3099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edinaldo Tebaldi & Bruce Elmslie, 2013. "Does institutional quality impact innovation? Evidence from cross-country patent grant data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 887-900, March.
- Picard, Pierre M. & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2013. "Patent office governance and patent examination quality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 14-25.
- de Saint-Georges, Matthis & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2013.
"A quality index for patent systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 704-719.
- de Saint-Georges, Matthis & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2011. "A quality index for patent systems," CEPR Discussion Papers 8440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Matthis de Saint-Georges, 2011. "A Quality Index for Patent Systems," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2011-010, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Diana Hicks, 2000. "360 degree linkage analysis," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 133-143, August.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Hagedoorn, John & Cloodt, Myriam, 2003. "Measuring innovative performance: is there an advantage in using multiple indicators?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1365-1379, September.
- Schettino, Francesco & Sterlacchini, Alessandro & Venturini, Francesco, 2013.
"Inventive productivity and patent quality: Evidence from Italian inventors,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1043-1056.
- Schettino, Francesco & Sterlacchini, Alessandro & Venturini, Francesco, 2008. "Inventive Productivity and Patent Quality: Evidence from Italian Inventors," MPRA Paper 7765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sterzi, Valerio, 2013.
"Patent quality and ownership: An analysis of UK faculty patenting,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 564-576.
- Valerio Sterzi, 2013. "Patent quality and ownership: an analysis of UK Faculty patenting," Post-Print hal-00779850, HAL.
- Mariani, Myriam & Romanelli, Marzia, 2007. ""Stacking" and "picking" inventions: The patenting behavior of European inventors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1128-1142, October.
- Wu, Ming-Cheng, 2011. "Antecedents of patent value using exchange option models: Evidence from a panel data analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 81-86, January.
- Nagaoka, Sadao & Motohashi, Kazuyuki & Goto, Akira, 2010. "Patent Statistics as an Innovation Indicator," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Xu, Shichun & Fenik, Anton P. & Shaner, Matthew B., 2014. "Multilateral alliances and innovation output: The importance of equity and technological scope," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2403-2410.
- Singh, Jasjit, 2008. "Distributed R&D, cross-regional knowledge integration and quality of innovative output," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 77-96, February.
- John Hagedoorn & Geerte Hesen, 2007. "Contract Law and the Governance of Inter-Firm Technology Partnerships - An Analysis of Different Modes of Partnering and Their Contractual Implications," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 342-366, May.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Francis Narin & F. M. Scherer & Katrin Vopel, 1999. "Citation Frequency And The Value Of Patented Inventions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 511-515, August.
- John Hagedoorn, 2003. "Sharing intellectual property rights--an exploratory study of joint patenting amongst companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(5), pages 1035-1050, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ucp:jlstud:doi:10.1086/694919 is not listed on IDEAS
- Briggs, Kristie, 2015. "Co-owner relationships conducive to high quality joint patents," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1566-1573.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:61:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00168-018-0874-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:46:y:2014:i:35:p:4370-4379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.