Comparing French and US hospital technologies: a directional input distance function approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Theo Hitiris & John Nixon, 2001. "Convergence of health care expenditure in the EU countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 223-228.
- Parkin, David & McGuire, Alistair & Yule, Brian, 1987. "Aggregate health care expenditures and national income : Is health care a luxury good?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-127, June.
- Yutaka Imai & Stephane Jacobzone & Patrick Lenain, 2000. "The Changing Health System in France," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 269, OECD Publishing.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Daniel Bilodeau & Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Pierre Ouellette, 2000. "Hospital Cost Function In A Non-Market Health Care System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 489-498, August.
- Ho, Vivian & Hamilton, Barton H., 2000. "Hospital mergers and acquisitions: does market consolidation harm patients?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 767-791, September.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Mickael Lothgren, 2001. "Health system effects on cost efficiency in the OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 643-647.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Hervé Leleu & Philippe Eeckaut, 2000. "Returns to Scale on Nonparametric Deterministic Technologies: Simplifying Goodness-of-Fit Methods Using Operations on Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 267-274, November.
- Cremieux, Pierre-Yves & Ouellette, Pierre, 2001. "Omitted variable bias and hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 271-282, March.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rym Ayadi & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Dhafer Saidane, 2013. "Mergers and Acquisitions in European banking higher productivity or better synergy among business lines?," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 165-175, April.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9359-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rym Ayadi & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Dhafer Saidane, 2010.
"Mergers & Acquisitions in European Banking Higher productivity or better synergy among business lines?,"
2011-ECO-03, IESEG School of Management.
- R. Ayadi & J.Ph. Boussemart & H. Leleu & D. Saïdane, 2013. "Mergers & Acquisitions in European banking : higher productivity or better synergy among business lines ?," Post-Print hal-00797767, HAL.
- Emma Medin & Kjartan Anthun & Unto Häkkinen & Sverre Kittelsen & Miika Linna & Jon Magnussen & Kim Olsen & Clas Rehnberg, 2011. "Cost efficiency of university hospitals in the Nordic countries: a cross-country analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 509-519, December.
- C. O’Donnell & K. Nguyen, 2013.
"An econometric approach to estimating support prices and measures of productivity change in public hospitals,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 323-335, December.
- C.J. O’Donnell & K. Nguyen, 2011. "An Econometric Approach To Estimating Support Prices And Measures Of Productivity Change In Public Hospitals," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032011, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Sverre Kittelsen & Benny Winsnes & Kjartan Anthun & Fanny Goude & Øyvind Hope & Unto Häkkinen & Birgitte Kalseth & Jannie Kilsmark & Emma Medin & Clas Rehnberg & Hanna Rättö, 2015.
"Decomposing the productivity differences between hospitals in the Nordic countries,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 281-293, June.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Persson, Benny Adam & Rehnberg, Clas & Anthun, Kjartan S. & Goude, Fanny & Rättö, Hanna & Hope, Øyvind & Häkkinen, Unto & Medin, Emma & Kalseth, Birgitte & Kilsmark, Jannie, 2014. "Decomposing the productivity differences between hospitals in the Nordic countries," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2013:4, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Stephanie Leach, 2006. "Performance evaluation of the English Premier Football League with data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1449-1458.
- Cheng, Gang & Zervopoulos, Panagiotis D., 2014. "Estimating the technical efficiency of health care systems: A cross-country comparison using the directional distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 899-910.
- Teresa Harrison, 2006. "Hospital mergers: who merges with whom?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 637-647.
- Xia, X.H. & Chen, G.Q., 2012. "Energy abatement in Chinese industry: Cost evaluation of regulation strategies and allocation alternatives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 449-458.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s13561-018-0191-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu, 2008. "Comparing TFP Catching-up and Capital Deepening in US and European Growths: A Directional Distance Function Approach," Working Papers 2008-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:361-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Medin, Emma & Häkkinen, Unto & Linna, Miika & Anthun, Kjartan S. & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Rehnberg, Clas, 2013. "International hospital productivity comparison: Experiences from the Nordic countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 80-87.
- Färe, Rolf & Pasurka, Carl & Vardanyan, Michael, 2017.
"On endogenizing direction vectors in parametric directional distance function-based models,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 361-369.
- Rolf Färe & Carl Pasurka & Michael Vardanyan, 2017. "On endogenizing direction vectors in parametric directional distance function-based models," Post-Print hal-01744614, HAL.
- Varabyova, Yauheniya & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2013. "International comparisons of the technical efficiency of the hospital sector: Panel data analysis of OECD countries using parametric and non-parametric approaches," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 70-79.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:36:y:2004:i:10:p:1065-1081. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.