Growth convergence: some panel data evidence
This paper implements a panel data approach of the Solow model to study the phenomenon of growth convergence for 22 OECD countries. It shows that although the derived estimable Solow model is probably underspecified from an econometric point of view, it is still possible to conclude that there is a likely convergence to a steady state rate of about 2-4%.
Volume (Year): 30 (1998)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEC20|
Other versions of this item:
- Lee, M. & Longmire, R. & Matyas, L. & Harris, M., 1996. "Growth Convergence: Some Panel Data Evidence," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 14/96, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- Miguel A. Juárez & Mark F. J. Steel, 2010.
"Non‐gaussian dynamic bayesian modelling for panel data,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(7), pages 1128-1154, November/.
- Juarez, Miguel A. & Steel, Mark F. J., 2006. "Non-Gaussian dynamic Bayesian modelling for panel data," MPRA Paper 450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2012. "Structural funds and the economic divide in Italy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 403-418.
- Aiello, Francesco & Pupo, Valeria, 2009. "Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy," MPRA Paper 17853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aiello Francesco & Pupo Valeria, 2011. "Structural Funds and Economic Divide in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p136, European Regional Science Association.
- Francesco Aiello & Valeria Pupo, 2009. "Structural Funds And Economic Divide In Italy," Working Papers 200914, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Massimiliano Affinito, 2011. "Convergence clubs, the euro-area rank and the relationship between banking and real convergence," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 809, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Kangasharju, Aki & Pehkonen, Jaakko, 1999. "Employment-output link in Finland: evidence from regional-level data," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa304, European Regional Science Association.
- Changkyu Choi, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and income convergence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1045-1049.
- Max Gillman & Mark N. Harris, 2004. "Inflation, Financial Development and Endogenous Growth," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 24/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- DOBSON, Steve & RAMLOGAN, Carlyn & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Why do rates of convergence differ ? A meta-regression analysis," CORE Discussion Papers 2003020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan & Eric Strobl, 2006. "Why Do Rates Of Β-Convergence Differ? A Meta-Regression Analysis," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(2), pages 153-173, 05.
- Lee, Yoon-Jin, 2014. "Testing a linear dynamic panel data model against nonlinear alternatives," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P1), pages 146-166.
- Julia WÃ¶rz, 2005. "Skill Intensity in Foreign Trade and Economic Growth," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 117-144, 03.
- Julia Wörz, 1970. "Skill Intensity in Foreign Trade and Economic Growth," wiiw Working Papers 25, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Julia Woerz, 2004. "Skill Intensity in Foreign Trade and Economic Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-059/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Panagiotis Artelaris, 2011. "Convergence patterns in the world economy: exploring the nonlinearity hypothesis," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 236-252, August.
- Artelaris, Panagiotis & Arvanitidis, Paschalis & Petrakos, George, 2008. "Convergence Patterns in the World Economy: Exploring the Non-Linearity Hypothesis," Papers dynreg32, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Mihaela Simionescu, 2015. "The Impact Of Economic Crisis On Inflation Convergence In The European Union. A Panel Data Approach," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 37-46, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:30:y:1998:i:7:p:907-912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed