Modelling the composition of personal sector wealth in the UK
The allocation of UK personal sector wealth across five broad asset categories (net financial wealth, housing (and durable assets) wealth, state pension wealth, private pension wealth, and human capital) is investigated using the FAIDS (financial AIDS) model. Apart from total wealth and returns, additional variables relating to capital market imperfections, and demographic, labour market and cross-sector spillover effects turn out to be significant. The adjustment of portfolio weights to shocks is very slow, taking up to 21 years for some asset categories.
Volume (Year): 14 (2004)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAFE20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pesaran,H.M. & Shin,Y., 1995.
"Long-Run Structural Modelling,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9419, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Manchester, Joyce M. & Poterba, James M., 1989.
"Second mortgages and household saving,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 325-346, May.
- Barr, D G & Cuthbertson, Keith, 1991. "Neoclassical Consumer Demand Theory and the Demand for Money," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 855-76, July.
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-71, November.
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1991. "The response of consumption to income : A cross-country investigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 723-756, May.
- Barr, David G & Cuthbertson, Keith, 1991. "An Interdependent Error Feedback Model of UK Company Sector Asset Demands," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(4), pages 596-611, October.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Hendry, David F, 1994. "HUS Revisited," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 86-106, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:14:y:2004:i:9:p:611-630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.