Does size really matter? Landfill scale impacts on property values
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lim, Jong Seok & Missios, Paul, 2005. "Does Size Really Matter? Landfill Scale Impacts on Property Values," MPRA Paper 70809, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Havlicek, Joseph & Richardson, Robert & Davies, Lloyd, 1971. "Measuring The Impacts Of Solid Waste Disposal Site Location On Property Values," 1971 Annual Meeting, August 15-18, Carbondale, Illinois 284441, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Richard V. Butler, 1982. "The Specification of Hedonic Indexes for Urban Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(1), pages 96-108.
- Hite, Diane & Chern, Wen & Hitzhusen, Fred & Randall, Alan, 2001. "Property-Value Impacts of an Environmental Disamenity: The Case of Landfills," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 185-202, March-May.
- Jannett Highfill & Michael McAsey, 2001. "Landfilling Versus ``Backstop'' Recycling When Income Is Growing," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(1), pages 37-52, May.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Phil Graves & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Don Waldman, 1988. "The Robustness of Hedonic Price Estimation: Urban Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 220-233.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Straszheim, Mahlon R, 1974. "Hedonic Estimation of Housing Market Prices: A Further Comment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 404-406, August.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Crocker, Thomas D, 1987. "A Bayesian Approach to Assessing the Robustness of Hedonic Property," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Mingche M. Li & H. James Brown, 1980. "Micro-Neighborhood Externalities and Hedonic Housing Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(2), pages 125-141.
- Highfill, Jannett & McAsey, Michael, 1997. "Municipal Waste Management: Recycling and Landfill Space Constraints," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 118-136, January.
- Arthur C. Nelson & John Genereux & Michelle Genereux, 1992. "Price Effects of Landfills on House Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(4), pages 359-365.
- Nelson, Jon P., 1978. "Residential choice, hedonic prices, and the demand for urban air quality," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 357-369, July.
- Joseph Havlicek & Robert Richardson & Lloyd Davies, 1971. "Measuring the Impacts of Solid Waste Disposal Site Location on Property Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 53(5), pages 869-869.
- Dooley, Frank J. & Bangsund, Dean A. & Leistritz, F. Larry & Fischer, William R., 1993. "Estimating Optimal Landfill Sizes and Locations in North Dakota," Agricultural Economics Reports 23366, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoo, James & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Maliszewski, Paul J. & Kinzig, Ann P. & Perrings, Charles, 2013. "The value of agricultural water rights in agricultural properties in the path of development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 57-68.
- Pope, Devin G. & Pope, Jaren C., 2015.
"When Walmart comes to town: Always low housing prices? Always?,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 1-13.
- Devin G. Pope & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "When Walmart Comes to Town: Always Low Housing Prices? Always?," NBER Working Papers 18111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario du Preez & Mehmet Balcilar & Aarifah Razak & Steven F. Koch & Rangan Gupta, 2014.
"House Values and Proximity to a Landfill: A Quantile Regression Framework,"
201442, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mario du Preez & Mehmet Balcilar & Aarifah Razak & Steven F. Koch & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "House Values and Proximity to a Landfill: A Quantile Regression Framework," Working Papers 15-16, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Macauley, Molly K., 2009. "Waste Not, Want Not: Economic and Legal Challenges of Regulation-Induced Changes in Waste Technology and Management," Discussion Papers dp-09-11, Resources For the Future.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Anna Montini & Francesco Nicolli, 2011. "Embedding landfill diversion in economic, geographical and policy settings," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(24), pages 3299-3311.
- Giani Ionel Grădinaru & Ildiko Ioan, 2012. "Estimating the Impact of Landfill Proximity on the Value of Real Estate Goods," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 38-49, February.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Mihaescu, Oana & Öner, Özge & Rudholm, Niklas, 2019.
"Retail and place attractiveness: The effects of big-box entry on property values,"
HFI Working Papers
1, Institute of Retail Economics (Handelns Forskningsinstitut).
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olof & Mihaescu, Oana & Öner, Özge & Rudholm, Niklas, 2019. "Retail and Place Attractiveness: The Effects of Big-box Entry on Property Values," Working Paper Series 1287, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Iafolla, Valentina & Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Nicolli, Francesco, 2010.
"Are You SURE You Want to Waste Policy Chances? Waste Generation, Landfill Diversion and Environmental Policy Effectiveness in the EU15,"
Sustainable Development Papers
91010, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Valentina Iafolla & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Francesco Nicolli, 2010. "Are You SURE You Want to Waste Policy Chances? Waste Generation, Landfill Diversion and Environmental Policy Effectiveness in the EU15," Working Papers 2010.77, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Montini, Anna & Nicolli, Francesco, 2008.
"Embedding Landfill Diversion in Economic, Geographical and Policy Settings Panel based evidence from Italy,"
Sustainability Indicators and Environmental Valuation Working Papers
44221, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Anna Montini & Francesco Nicolli, 2008. "Embedding Landfill Diversion in Economic, Geographical and Policy Settings Panel based evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2008.71, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rita Yi Man Li & Herru Ching Yu Li, 2018. "Have Housing Prices Gone with the Smelly Wind? Big Data Analysis on Landfill in Hong Kong," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Valentina Iafolla & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Francesco Nicolli, 2010. "Rifiuti generati, rifiuti in discarica ed efficacia delle politiche ambientali in Europa," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 0(2), pages 103-135.
- Amornchai Challcharoenwattana & Chanathip Pharino, 2018. "Analysis of Socioeconomic and Behavioral Factors Influencing Participation in Community-Based Recycling Program: A Case of Peri-Urban Town in Thailand," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-16, November.
- Yoo, James & Perrings, Charles & Kinzig, Ann & Abbott, Joshua K. & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Maliszewski, Paul J., 2012. "The Value of Water Rights in Agricultural Properties in the Phoenix Active Management Area," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124095, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Benoît Chèze, 2007. "Une méta-analyse des études d’évaluation monétaire par la méthode des prix hédoniques du coût externe des installations de traitement des déchets," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-23, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Ham, Yun-Ju & Maddison, David J. & Elliott, Robert J.R., 2013. "The valuation of landfill disamenities in Birmingham," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 116-129.
- John Braden & Xia Feng & DooHwan Won, 2011. "Waste Sites and Property Values: A Meta-Analysis," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(2), pages 175-201, October.
- Richard C. Ready, 2010. "Do Landfills Always Depress Nearby Property Values?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(3), pages 321-340.
More about this item
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q31 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:14:y:2007:i:10:p:719-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.