On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Luenberger productivity index
The purpose of this note is twofold. First, it proposes a multi-decomposition of the Luenberger productivity index, that is, a combined decomposition both by attribute, which is characterized by technical change or efficiency change, and by firm. Second, it applies this technique to the European Union to measure the most important contributions to European productivity.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 1996. "Aggregate Productivity Measures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1360-1365.
- Rolf Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Aggregation of Nerlovian profit indicator," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(11), pages 845-847.
- Walter Briec & Benoit Dervaux & Hervé Leleu, 2003. "Aggregation of Directional Distance Functions and Industrial Efficiency," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 79(3), pages 237-261, 07.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1996. "Productivity Growth in APEC Countries," Working Papers 197843, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)