The costs of moving money across borders and the volume of capital flight: the case of Russia and other CIS countries
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 147 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: https://www.ifw-kiel.de/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/international+economics/journal/10290/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2002.
"The Choice of Exchange Rate Regimes: An Empirical Analysis for Transition Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3289, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jürgen von Hagen & Jizhong Zhou, 2005. "The choice of exchange rate regime: "An empirical analysis for transition economies" ," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(4), pages 679-703, October.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2002. "The choice of exchange rate regimes: An empirical analysis for transition economies," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Eggerstedt, Harald & Brideau Hall, Rebecca & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1993.
"Measuring capital flight : a case study of Mexico,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1121, The World Bank.
- Perez, M. Fabricio & Brada, Josef C. & Drabek, Zdenek, 2012. "Illicit money flows as motives for FDI," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 108-126.
- Bhattacharya, Rina, 1999. "Capital flight under uncertainty about domestic taxation and trade liberalization," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 365-387, August.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Nadeem Ul Haque, 1985. "Foreign Borrowing and Capital Flight: A Formal Analysis (Emprunt extÃ©rieur et Ã©vasion de capitaux: analyse mathÃ©matique) (Endeudamiento externo y fuga de capitales: Un anÃ¡lisis formal)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(4), pages 606-628, December.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988.
"External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
538, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," NBER Working Papers 2610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Tabellini, Guido, 1988. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," CEPR Discussion Papers 253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1989. "External Debt, Capital Flight and Political Risk," Scholarly Articles 4553019, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hermes, N. & Lensink, R., 2000.
"Capital flight and the uncertainty of government policies,"
00C30, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 2001. "Capital flight and the uncertainty of government policies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 377-381, June.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987.
"Public Debt Guarantees and Private Capital Flight,"
NBER Working Papers
2172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Le, Quan Vu & Zak, Paul J., 2006. "Political risk and capital flight," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 308-329, March.
- Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels & Murinde, Victor, 1998. "The Effect of Financial Liberalization on Capital Flight in African Economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1349-1368, July.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2000. "From Predation to Accumulation?: The Second Transition Decade in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 603-622, November.
- Alexei Izyumov & John Vahaly, 2008. "Old Capital vs. New Investment in Post-Soviet Economies: Conceptual Issues and Estimates," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 50(1), pages 79-110, March.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Michael P. Dooley & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1994.
"Capital flight, external debt, and domestic policies,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 29-37.
- Michael P. Dooley & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1994. "Capital Flight, External Debt and Domestic Policies," NBER Working Papers 4793, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan Sheets, 1995. "Capital flight from the countries in transition: some theory and empirical evidence," International Finance Discussion Papers 514, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2002.
"Public Debts and Private Assets:Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries,"
wp32, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Ndikumana, Leonce & Boyce, James K., 2003. "Public Debts and Private Assets: Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 107-130, January.
- Léonce Ndikumana & James K. Boyce, 2002. "Public Debts and Private Assets: Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2002-02, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Wintrobe, 1998.
"Privatisation, the Market for Corporate Control, and Capital Flight from Russia,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 603-611, 07.
- Ronald Wintrobe, 1998. "Privatization, the Market for Corporate Control, and Capital Flight from Russia," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9804, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Murinde, Victor, 2002. "Flight Capital and its Reversal for Development Financing," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jacqueline Irving & Sanket Mohapatra & Dilip Ratha, 2010. "Migrant Remittance Flows : Findings from a Global Survey of Central Banks," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 5929, August.
- Edwin M. Truman & Peter Reuter, 2004. "Chasing Dirty Money: The Fight Against Anti-Money Laundering," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 381, January.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-75, September.
- Chang, P H Kevin & Claessens, Stijn & Cumby, Robert E, 1997. "Conceptual and Methodological Issues in the Measurement of Capital Flight," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 101-19, April.
- Kant, Chander, 1998. "Capital Inflows and Capital Flight – Individual Countries Experience," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 13, pages 644-661.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:147:y:2011:i:4:p:717-744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.