Strategies of Italian Firms in Romania: Evidence from Selected Case Studies
The aim of this paper is to analyze the internationalization of Italian firms in Romania, operating in the sectors of footwear, furniture and industrial refrigeration. After describing and quantifying the internationalization process between Veneto and Romania, we discuss for each of the sectors, the changes that occurred in the organisation of the production processes within the firms, and particularly how such processes have been fragmented. This article draws on numerous case studies, posits different models of value chain governance, and discusses their implications for regional development and sustainability
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 16 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/european+integration/journal/11300|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2003.
"International Outsourcing and the Skill--Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 61-72, January.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, "undated". "International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," WIFO Working Papers 151, WIFO.
- Peter Egger & Robert Stehrer, 2001. "International Outsourcing and the Skill-Specific Wage Bill in Eastern Europe," wiiw Working Papers 17, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Lawton Thomas C & McGuire Steven M, 2005. "Adjusting to Liberalization: Tracing the Impact of the WTO on the European Textiles and Chemicals Industries," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-25, August.
- Finger, J M, 1975. "Tariff Provisions for Offshore Assembly and the Exports of Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(338), pages 365-371, June.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graziani, Giovanni, 1998. "Globalization of Production in the Textile and Clothing Industries: The Case of Italian Foreign Direct Investment and Outward Processing in Eastern Europe," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt5cr30690, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Scott, Allen J., 2006. "The Changing Global Geography of Low-Technology, Labor-Intensive Industry: Clothing, Footwear, and Furniture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1517-1536, September.
- Arndt, Sven W. & Kierzkowski, Henryk (ed.), 2001. "Fragmentation: New Production Patterns in the World Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199243310.
- Martin Namor, 2007. "L'internazionalizzazione produttiva del Gruppo Crabo," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2).
- Lawton, Thomas C. & McGuire, Steven M., 2005. "Adjusting to Liberalization: Tracing the Impact of the WTO on the European Textiles and Chemicals Industries," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 1-23, August.
- Finger, J M, 1976. "Trade and Domestic Effects of the Offshore Assembly Provision in the U.S. Tariff," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 598-611, September.
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1999. "Global Competition and Local Cooperation: Success and Failure in the Sinos Valley, Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1627-1650, September.
- Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel, 2006. "Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 203-221, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)