Modeling heavy-tailed, skewed and peaked uncertainty phenomena with bounded support
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 20 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10260/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005.
"Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution,"
- Clementi, F. & Gallegati, M., 2005. "Power law tails in the Italian personal income distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 427-438.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2004. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Papers cond-mat/0408067, arXiv.org.
- Barsky R. & Bound J. & Charles K.K. & Lupton J.P., 2002.
"Accounting for the Black-White Wealth Gap: A Nonparametric Approach,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 663-673, September.
- Robert Barsky & John Bound & Kerwin Charles & Joseph Lupton, 2001. "Accounting for the Black-White Wealth Gap: A Nonparametric Approach," NBER Working Papers 8466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hahn, Eugene David, 2008. "Mixture densities for project management activity times: A robust approach to PERT," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 188(2), pages 450-459, July.
- Coelho, Ricardo & Richmond, Peter & Barry, Joseph & Hutzler, Stefan, 2008. "Double power laws in income and wealth distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3847-3851.
- Sorin Solomon & Moshe Levy, 2000. "Market Ecology, Pareto Wealth Distribution and Leptokurtic Returns in Microscopic Simulation of the LLS Stock Market Model," Papers cond-mat/0005416, arXiv.org.
- van Dorp J.R. & Kotz S., 2002. "The Standard Two-Sided Power Distribution and its Properties: With Applications in Financial Engineering," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 56, pages 90-99, May.
- Aban, Inmaculada B. & Meerschaert, Mark M. & Panorska, Anna K., 2006. "Parameter Estimation for the Truncated Pareto Distribution," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 270-277, March.
- Kotz, Samuel & van Dorp, J. René, 2005. "A link between two-sided power and asymmetric Laplace distributions: with applications to mean and variance approximations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(4), pages 383-394, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stmapp:v:20:y:2011:i:4:p:463-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.