The PDF and CF of Pearson type IV distributions and the ML estimation of the parameters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stavroyiannis, S. & Makris, I. & Nikolaidis, V. & Zarangas, L., 2012. "Econometric modeling and value-at-risk using the Pearson type-IV distribution," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 10-17.
- Choi, Pilsun & Nam, Kiseok, 2008. "Asymmetric and leptokurtic distribution for heteroscedastic asset returns: The SU-normal distribution," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-63, January.
- Fabio Pizzutilo, 2013. "The Distribution of the Returns of Japanese Stocks and Portfolios," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(9), pages 1249-1259, September.
- Verhoeven, Peter & McAleer, Michael, 2004.
"Fat tails and asymmetry in financial volatility models,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 351-361.
- Peter Verhoeven & Michael McAleer, 2003. "Fat Tails and Asymmetry in Financial Volatility Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-211, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Muino, J.M. & Voit, E.O. & Sorribas, A., 2006. "GS-distributions: A new family of distributions for continuous unimodal variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 2769-2798, June.
- Stavros Stavroyiannis, 2016. "Value-at-Risk and backtesting with the APARCH model and the standardized Pearson type IV distribution," Papers 1602.05749, arXiv.org.
- Nagahara, Yuichi, 2004. "A method of simulating multivariate nonnormal distributions by the Pearson distribution system and estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-29, August.
- Lai, Jing-yi, 2012. "Shock-dependent conditional skewness in international aggregate stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 72-83.
More about this item
KeywordsDouble exponential formula Heavy-tailed and skewed distribution Pearson system Risk management Stock returns;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:43:y:1999:i:3:p:251-264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.