Double power laws in income and wealth distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Repetowicz, Przemysław & Hutzler, Stefan & Richmond, Peter, 2005. "Dynamics of money and income distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 356(2), pages 641-654.
- Richmond, Peter & Repetowicz, Przemek & Hutzler, Stefan & Coelho, Ricardo, 2006. "Comments on recent studies of the dynamics and distribution of money," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 43-48.
- Anirban Chakraborti & Bikas K. Chakrabarti, 2000. "Statistical mechanics of money: How saving propensity affects its distribution," Papers cond-mat/0004256, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2000.
- Sinha, Sitabhra, 2006.
"Evidence for power-law tail of the wealth distribution in India,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 359(C), pages 555-562.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2005. "Evidence for Power-law tail of the Wealth Distribution in India," Papers cond-mat/0502166, arXiv.org.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & K. Chakrabarti, Bikas & Manna, S.S, 2004. "Pareto law in a kinetic model of market with random saving propensity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 155-163.
- Clementi, F. & Gallegati, M., 2005.
"Power law tails in the Italian personal income distribution,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 427-438.
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2004. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Papers cond-mat/0408067, arXiv.org.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005. "Power Law Tails in the Italian Personal Income Distribution," Microeconomics 0505005, EconWPA.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & S. S. Manna, 2003. "Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity," Papers cond-mat/0301289, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
- A. Chakraborti & B.K. Chakrabarti, 2000. "Statistical mechanics of money: how saving propensity affects its distribution," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 17(1), pages 167-170, September.
- Coelho, Ricardo & Néda, Zoltán & Ramasco, José J. & Augusta Santos, Maria, 2005. "A family-network model for wealth distribution in societies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 353(C), pages 515-528.
- Ofer Malcai & Ofer Biham & Peter Richmond & Sorin Solomon, 2002. "Theoretical Analysis and Simulations of the Generalized Lotka-Volterra Model," Papers cond-mat/0208514, arXiv.org.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chami Figueira, F. & Moura, N.J. & Ribeiro, M.B., 2011. "The Gompertz–Pareto income distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 689-698.
- Kočišová, J. & Horváth, D. & Brutovský, B., 2009. "The efficiency of individual optimization in the conditions of competitive growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(17), pages 3585-3592.
- Tomson Ogwang, 2011. "Power laws in top wealth distributions: evidence from Canada," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 473-486, October.
- Ogwang, Tomson, 2013. "Is the wealth of the world’s billionaires Paretian?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(4), pages 757-762.
- C. García & J. García Pérez & J. Dorp, 2011. "Modeling heavy-tailed, skewed and peaked uncertainty phenomena with bounded support," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 20(4), pages 463-486, November.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:278-288 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Peeters & Martin Landré, 2011. "The Emerging Global Tourism Geography—An Environmental Sustainability Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEconophysics; Wealth distribution; Power laws;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:387:y:2008:i:15:p:3847-3851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.