Mixture densities for project management activity times: A robust approach to PERT
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdelkader, Yousry H., 2004. "Evaluating project completion times when activity times are Weibull distributed," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(3), pages 704-715, September.
- Kamburowski, J., 1997. "New validations of PERT times," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 323-328, June.
- M. W. Sasieni, 1986. "Note---A Note on Pert Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1652-1653, December.
- Donald L. Keefer & William A. Verdini, 1993. "Better Estimation of PERT Activity Time Parameters," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1086-1091, September.
- T. K. Littlefield, Jr. & P. H. Randolph, 1987. "Reply---An Answer to Sasieni's Question on PERT Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(10), pages 1357-1359, October.
- Charles Gallagher, 1987. "Reply---A Note on PERT Assumptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(10), pages 1360-1360, October.
- C. Perry & I. D. Greig, 1975. "Estimating the Mean and Variance of Subjective Distributions in PERT and Decision Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(12), pages 1477-1480, August.
- Schmidt, Craig W. & Grossmann, Ignacio E., 2000. "The exact overall time distribution of a project with uncertain task durations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 126(3), pages 614-636, November.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Azaron, Amir & Katagiri, Hideki & Sakawa, Masatoshi & Kato, Kosuke & Memariani, Azizollah, 2006. "A multi-objective resource allocation problem in PERT networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(3), pages 838-854, August.
- R. A. Bowman, 1995. "Efficient Estimation of Arc Criticalities in Stochastic Activity Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(1), pages 58-67, January.
- Donald L. Keefer & Samuel E. Bodily, 1983. "Three-Point Approximations for Continuous Random Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 595-609, May.
- T. C. T. Kotiah & N. D. Wallace, 1973. "Another Look at the PERT Assumptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 44-49, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colin, Jeroen & Vanhoucke, Mario, 2014. "Setting tolerance limits for statistical project control using earned value management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 107-122.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:2:p:602-619 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:258:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2315-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- López Martín, M.M. & García García, C.B. & García Pérez, J. & Sánchez Granero, M.A., 2012. "An alternative for robust estimation in Project Management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(2), pages 443-451.
- C. García & J. García Pérez & J. Dorp, 2011. "Modeling heavy-tailed, skewed and peaked uncertainty phenomena with bounded support," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 20(4), pages 463-486, November.
- Pérez, José García & Martín, María del Mar López & García, Catalina García & Sánchez Granero, Miguel Ángel, 2016. "Project management under uncertainty beyond beta: The generalized bicubic distribution," Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 3(C), pages 67-76.
- Fliedner, Thomas & Liesiö, Juuso, 2016. "Adjustable robustness for multi-attribute project portfolio selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 252(3), pages 931-946.
- Trietsch, Dan & Mazmanyan, Lilit & Gevorgyan, Lilit & Baker, Kenneth R., 2012. "Modeling activity times by the Parkinson distribution with a lognormal core: Theory and validation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(2), pages 386-396.
- HerrerI´as-Velasco, José Manuel & HerrerI´as-Pleguezuelo, Rafael & van Dorp, Johan René, 2011. "Revisiting the PERT mean and variance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 448-451, April.
- López Martín, María del Mar & García, Catalina García & García Pérez, José, 2012. "Treatment of kurtosis in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2032-2045.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:188:y:2008:i:2:p:450-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.