An examination of indexes for determining the number of clusters in binary data sets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Milligan, 1981. "A monte carlo study of thirty internal criterion measures for cluster analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, pages 187-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boztug, Yasemin & Reutterer, Thomas, 2008. "A combined approach for segment-specific market basket analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 294-312, May.
- Jerzy Korzeniewski, 2016. "New Method Of Variable Selection For Binary Data Cluster Analysis," Statistics in Transition new series, Główny Urząd Statystyczny (Polska), vol. 17(2), pages 295-304, June.
- Sara Dolnicar & Friedrich Leisch, 2010. "Evaluation of structure and reproducibility of cluster solutions using the bootstrap," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 83-101, March.
- Yasemin Boztug & Thomas Reutterer, 2006. "A Combined Approach for Segment-Specific Analysis of Market Basket Data," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Pierpaolo D'Urso & Girish Prayag & Marta Disegna & Riccardo Massari, 2013. "Market Segmentation using Bagged Fuzzy C–Means (BFCM): Destination Image of Western Europe among Chinese Travellers," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS13, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- repec:exl:29stat:v:17:y:2016:i:2:p:295-304 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dolnicar, Sara & Grün, Bettina & Leisch, Friedrich, 2016. "Increasing sample size compensates for data problems in segmentation studies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 992-999.
- Mark Chiang & Boris Mirkin, 2010. "Intelligent Choice of the Number of Clusters in K-Means Clustering: An Experimental Study with Different Cluster Spreads," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 27(1), pages 3-40, March.
- Michael Brusco & Douglas Steinley, 2007. "A Comparison of Heuristic Procedures for Minimum Within-Cluster Sums of Squares Partitioning," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, pages 583-600.
- Ying Liu & Sudha Ram & Robert F. Lusch & Michael Brusco, 2010. "Multicriterion Market Segmentation: A New Model, Implementation, and Evaluation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 880-894, 09-10.
More about this item
Keywordsnumber of clusters; clustering indexes; binary data; artificial data sets; market segmentation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:67:y:2002:i:1:p:137-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.