Global Mobility in the 21st Century
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosalie L Tung & Alain Verbeke, 2010. "Beyond Hofstede and GLOBE: Improving the quality of cross-cultural research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(8), pages 1259-1274, October.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Michiel P. Tempelaar & Frans A. J. van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2009.
"Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms,"
Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4), pages 797-811, August.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & Tempelaar, M.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2008. "Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-072-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Collings, David G. & Scullion, Hugh & Morley, Michael J., 2007. "Changing patterns of global staffing in the multinational enterprise: Challenges to the conventional expatriate assignment and emerging alternatives," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 198-213, June.
- Richard A. Johnson & Fremont E. Kast & James E. Rosenzweig, 1964. "Systems Theory and Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 367-384, January.
- Dirk Holtbrügge & Alex T. Mohr, 2011. "Subsidiary Interdependencies and International Human Resource Management Practices in German MNCs," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 93-115, February.
- Griffith, David A., 2010. "Understanding multi-level institutional convergence effects on international market segments and global marketing strategy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Bossard, Annette B. & Peterson, Richard B., 2005. "The repatriate experience as seen by American expatriates," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 9-28, February.
- Yaping Gong & Oded Shenkar & Yadong Luo & Mee-Kau Nyaw, 2005. "Human resources and international joint venture performance: a system perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(5), pages 505-518, September.
- Witold J Henisz & Edward D Mansfield & Mary Ann Von Glinow, 2010. "Conflict, security, and political risk: International business in challenging times," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(5), pages 759-764, June.
- Lazarova, Mila & Caligiuri, Paula, 2001. "Retaining repatriates: the role of organizational support practices," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 389-401, January.
- Harvey, Michael & Novicevic, Milorad M., 2002. "The hypercompetitive global marketplace: the importance of intuition and creativity in expatriate managers," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 127-138, July.
- Romain Duval & Lukas Vogel, 2008. "Economic resilience to shocks: The role of structural policies," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 1-38.
- John Marangos, 2003. "Was Shock Therapy Really a Shock?," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 943-966, December.
- Lazarova, Mila & Tarique, Ibraiz, 2005. "Knowledge transfer upon repatriation," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 361-373, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guttormsen, David S.A., 2018. "Does the ‘non-traditional expatriate’ exist? A critical exploration of new expatriation categories," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 233-244.
- Maley, Jane F. & Moeller, Miriam & Ting, Alina F., 2020. "Sustainable expatriate compensation in an uncertain environment," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(3).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- McNulty, Yvonne & De Cieri, Helen & Hutchings, Kate, 2013. "Expatriate return on investment in the Asia Pacific: An empirical study of individual ROI versus corporate ROI," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 209-221.
- Pamela L. Cox & Raihan H. Khan & Kimberly A. Armani, 2013. "Repatriate Adjustment And Turnover: The Role Of Expectations An Perceptions," Review of Business and Finance Studies, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(1), pages 1-15.
- Eugenia Sánchez Vidal, M & Valle, Raquel Sanz & Isabel Barba Aragón, M, 2007. "Antecedents of repatriates' job satisfaction and its influence on turnover intentions: Evidence from Spanish repatriated managers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 1272-1281, December.
- Elenkov, Detelin S. & Manev, Ivan M., 2009. "Senior expatriate leadership's effects on innovation and the role of cultural intelligence," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 357-369, October.
- Caligiuri, Paula & Bonache, Jaime, 2016. "Evolving and enduring challenges in global mobility," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 127-141.
- Edwards, Tony & Tempel, Anne, 2010. "Explaining variation in reverse diffusion of HR practices: Evidence from the German and British subsidiaries of American multinationals," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 19-28, January.
- Stacey Peterson & Lisa Steelman, 2015. "Repatriate Knowledge Sharing Environment: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (JIKM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(04), pages 1-18, December.
- Bader, Benjamin & Berg, Nicola & Holtbrügge, Dirk, 2015. "Expatriate performance in terrorism-endangered countries: The role of family and organizational support," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 849-860.
- Bártolo-Ribeiro, Rui & Andrade, Luís, 2015. "Expatriates Selection: An Essay of Model Analysis," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, Cinturs - Research Centre for Tourism, Sustainability and Well-being, University of Algarve, vol. 3(1), pages 47-57.
- Tung, Rosalie L., 2016. "New perspectives on human resource management in a global context," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 142-152.
- Ren, Hong & Bolino, Mark C. & Shaffer, Margaret A. & Kraimer, Maria L., 2013. "The influence of job demands and resources on repatriate career satisfaction: A relative deprivation perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 149-159.
- Duvivier, Florence & Peeters, Carine & Harzing, Anne-Wil, 2019. "Not all international assignments are created equal: HQ-subsidiary knowledge transfer patterns across types of assignments and types of knowledge," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 181-190.
- Cave, Adam H., 2014. "Analyzing Engagement Effects for Repatriate Retention," MPRA Paper 54052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schmid, Stefan & Wurster, Dennis J., 2017. "International work experience: Is it really accelerating the way to the management board of MNCs?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 991-1008.
- Moeller, Miriam & Harvey, Michael & Griffith, David & Richey, Glenn, 2013. "The impact of country-of-origin on the acceptance of foreign subsidiaries in host countries: An examination of the ‘liability-of-foreignness’," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-99.
- Bruyaka, Olga & Prange, Christiane, 2020. "International cultural ambidexterity: Balancing tensions of foreign market entry into distant and proximate cultures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 491-506.
- Anika Breitenmoser & Benjamin Bader, 2016. "Repatriation outcomes affecting corporate ROI: a critical review and future agenda," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 66(3), pages 195-234, June.
- Chengguang Li & Ilgaz Arikan & Oded Shenkar & Asli Arikan, 2020. "The impact of country-dyadic military conflicts on market reaction to cross-border acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 51(3), pages 299-325, April.
- Ma Eugenia Sánchez Vidal & Raquel Sanz Valle & Ma Isabel Barba Aragón, 2010. "Analysis of the repatriation adjustment process in the Spanish context," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 21-41, March.
- Lara Makowski-Komura & Ralf Bebenroth, 2020. "Job satisfaction of returnees to Japan," International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(1), pages 1-24.
More about this item
KeywordsExpatriate; ROI; Global mobility; International assignments; Global staffing;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:manint:v:51:y:2011:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0104-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.