Household structure and consumption insurance of the elderly
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siwan Anderson & Jean-Marie Baland, 2002.
"The Economics of Roscas and Intrahousehold Resource Allocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 963-995.
- Siwan Anderson, 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1323, Econometric Society.
- Anderson, K.S. & Baland, J-M., 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Discussion Paper 2000-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Banks, James & Johnson, Paul, 1994. "Equivalence Scale Relativities Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 883-890, July.
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1992.
"The Provision of Time to the Elderly by Their Children,"
NBER Chapters,in: Topics in the Economics of Aging, pages 109-134
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Jagadeesh Gokhale & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1990. "The Provision of Time to the Elderly by Their Children," NBER Working Papers 3363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Spivak, Avia, 1981.
"The Family as an Incomplete Annuities Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 372-391, April.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Avia Spivak, 1979. "The Family as an Incomplete Annuities Market," UCLA Economics Working Papers 151, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Avia Spivak, 1979. "The Family as an Incomplete Annuities Market," NBER Working Papers 0362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & DEC, 1994. "Intrahousehold resource allocation : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1255, The World Bank.
- David T. Ellwood & Thomas J. Kane, 1990. "The American Way of Aging: An Event History Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Issues in the Economics of Aging, pages 121-148 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel Borsch-Supan, 1987. "Household Dissolution and the Choice of Alternative Living Arrangements Among Elderly Americans," NBER Working Papers 2338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Axel Borsch-Supan & Daniel L. McFadden & Reinhold Schnabel, 1996. "Living Arrangements: Health and Wealth Effects," NBER Chapters,in: Advances in the Economics of Aging, pages 193-216 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Slesnick, Daniel T., 2002. "Prices and Regional Variation in Welfare," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 446-468, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura Romeu Gordo & Andreas Motel-Klingebiel & Susanne Wurm, 2009.
"SOEP as a Source for Research on Ageing – Issues, Measures and Possibilities for Improvement,"
Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data
83, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Laura Romeu Gordo & Andreas Motel-Klingebiel & Susanne Wurm, 2009. "SOEP as a Source for Research on Ageing: Issues, Measures and Possibilities for Improvement," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 173, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Cai, Fang & Giles, John & Meng, Xin, 2006. "How well do children insure parents against low retirement income? An analysis using survey data from urban China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2229-2255, December.
More about this item
KeywordsElderly; Consumption; Household structure; D12; E21; I31;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:21:y:2008:i:2:p:373-394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.