Social security, economic growth, and the rise in elderly widows’ independence in the twentieth century
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 37 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gratton, Brian, 1996. "The Poverty of Impoverishment Theory: The Economic Well-Being of the Elderly, 1890–1950," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(01), pages 39-61, March.
- Dora L. Costa, 1996.
"Displacing the Family: Union Army Pensions and Elderly Living Arrange- ments,"
NBER Working Papers
5429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costa, Dora L, 1997. "Displacing the Family: Union Army Pensions and Elderly Living Arrangements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1269-92, December.
- Wei-Yin Hu, 1998. "Elderly Immigrants on Welfare," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(3), pages 711-741.
- Quadagno, Jill, 1988. "The Transformation of Old Age Security," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226699233, June.
- Fred Pampel, 1983. "Changes in the propensity to live alone: Evidence from consecutive cross-sectional surveys, 1960–1976," Demography, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 433-447, November.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1992. "Incentive Effects of the U.S. Welfare System: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-61, March.
- Parsons, Donald O., 1991. "Male Retirement Behavior in the United States, 1930–1950," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(03), pages 657-674, September.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1974. "Social Security, Induced Retirement, and Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 905-26, Sept./Oct.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:37:y:2000:i:2:p:221-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.