Public funding for innovation and the exit of firms
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 21 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/191/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sascha O. Becker & Peter Egger, 2007.
"Endogenous Product versus Process Innovation and a Firm’s Propensity to Export,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1906, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sascha Becker & Peter Egger, 2013. "Endogenous product versus process innovation and a firm’s propensity to export," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 329-354, February.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & Ramlogan, R., 2005. "Competition and the regulation of economic development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 215-235, May.
- Hall, Bronwyn, 2002.
"The Financing of Research and Development,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt5rf0x9gz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn Hall, 2004. "The financing of research and development," Chapters, in: Financial Systems, Corporate Investment in Innovation, and Venture Capital, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 35-51, Spring.
- Hall, Bronwyn H., 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt34c1c643, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," NBER Working Papers 8773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2003. "The Financing of Research and Development," Finance 0303003, EconWPA.
- Takalo, Tuomas & Tanayama, Tanja, 2008.
"Adverse selection and financing of innovation : is there a need for R&D subsidies?,"
Research Discussion Papers
19/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama, 2010. "Adverse selection and financing of innovation: is there a need for R&D subsidies?," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 16-41, February.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005.
"A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival,"
LEM Papers Series
2005/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A matter of life and death: innovation and firm survival," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 1167-1192, December.
- Cefis, E. & Marsili, O., 2004. "A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-109-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Isabel Busom, 2000. "An Empirical Evaluation of The Effects of R&D Subsidies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 111-148.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Fier, Andreas, 2003. "Publicly Funded R&D Collaborations and Patent Outcome in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Optimal diversity: Increasing returns versus recombinant innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 565-580, December.
- Xulia González & Jordi Jaumandreu & Consuelo Pazó, 2001.
"Barriers to innovation and subsidy e¤ectiveness,"
0112, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Ron Jarmin, 1999. "Government Technical Assistance Programs* And Plant Survival: The Role Of Plant Ownership Type," Working Papers 99-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Picot, Garnett & Dupuy, Richard & Baldwin, John R., 1994. "Have Small Firms Created a Disproportionate Share of New Jobs in Canada? A Reassessment of the Facts," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1994071e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Pe'er, Aviad & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2008. "Firm exits as a determinant of new entry: Is there evidence of local creative destruction?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 280-306, May.
- Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama & Otto Toivanen, 2005. "Selection Or Self-Rejection? Applications Into A Treatment," Industrial Organization 0510002, EconWPA.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- repec:rif:dpaper:846 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blanes, J. Vicente & Busom, Isabel, 2004.
"Who participates in R&D subsidy programs?: The case of Spanish manufacturing firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1459-1476, December.
- J. Vicente Blanes & Isabel Busom, 2004. "WHO PARTICIPATES IN R&D SUBSIDY PROGRAMS?. The case of Spanish Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers wpdea0407, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2005.
"Merge or Fail? The Determinants of Mergers and Bankruptcies in Switzerland, 1995-2000,"
SOI - Working Papers
0506, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Buehler, Stefan & Kaiser, Christian & Jaeger, Franz, 2006. "Merge or fail? The determinants of mergers and bankruptcies in Switzerland, 1995-2000," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 88-95, January.
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2003.
"The Effects of Public R&D Subsidies on Firms' Innovation Activities: The Case of Eastern Germany,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 226-36, April.
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2001. "The effects of public R&D subsidies on firms' innovation activities: the case of Eastern Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2003.
"Do Financial Constraints Hold Back Innovation and Growth? Evidence on the Role of Public Policy,"
820, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005. "Do financial constraints hold back innovation and growth?: Evidence on the role of public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1385-1403, November.
- Colin Wren, 2002. "Evaluating the effect of soft business support upon small firm performance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 334-365, April.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Fier, 2007. "The relationship between R&D collaboration, subsidies and R&D performance: Empirical evidence from Finland and Germany," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1347-1366.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili & Hans Schenk, 2009.
"The effects of mergers and acquisitions on the firm size distribution,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-20, February.
- E. Cefis & O. Marsili & E.J.J Schenk, 2006. "The Effects of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Firm Size Distribution," Working Papers 06-17, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Ron A. Boschma & Markku Sotarauta, 2005. "Economic policy from an evolutionary perspective: the case of Finland," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0509, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Aug 2005.
- Aerts, Kris & Schmidt, Tobias, 2006. "Two for the price of one? On additionality effects of R&D subsidies: A comparison between Flanders and Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hielke Buddelmeyer & Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2010. "Innovation and the determinants of company survival," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 261-285, April.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Georg Licht, 2006. "Additionality of public R&D grants in a transition economy," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(1), pages 101-131, 03.
- Johansson, Börje & Karlsson, Charlie & Backman, Mikaela, 2007. "Innovation Policy Instruments," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 105, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- DUGUET Emmanuel, 2004. "Are R&D subsidies a substitute or a complement to privately funded R&D? Evidence from France using propensity score methods for non- experimental data," Public Economics 0411007, EconWPA.
- Martin Woerter, 2009. "Industry diversity and its impact on the innovation performance of firms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 675-700, October.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2007. "The effects of government grants on plant survival: A micro-econometric analysis," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 701-720, August.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Dirk Czarnitzki, 2006. "Research And Development In Small And Medium-Sized Enterprises: The Role Of Financial Constraints And Public Funding," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(3), pages 335-357, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:21:y:2011:i:3:p:519-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.