Public funding for innovation and the exit of firms
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 21 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/191/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2003.
"The Financing of Research and Development,"
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 35-51, Spring.
- Bronwyn Hall, 2004. "The financing of research and development," Chapters, in: Financial Systems, Corporate Investment in Innovation, and Venture Capital, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hall, Bronwyn, 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5rf0x9gz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," NBER Working Papers 8773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H., 2002. "The Financing of Research and Development," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt34c1c643, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Xulia González & Jordi Jaumandreu & Consuelo Pazó, 2001.
"Barriers to innovation and subsidy e¤ectiveness,"
0112, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005.
"A matter of life and death: innovation and firm survival,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 1167-1192, December.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2005. "A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival," LEM Papers Series 2005/01, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cefis, E. & Marsili, O., 2004. "A Matter of Life and Death: Innovation and Firm Survival," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-109-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- John Stanley Metcalfe & Ronnie Ramlogan, 2007.
"Competition and the Regulation of Economic Development,"
in: Competitive Advantage and Competition Policy in Developing Countries, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & Ramlogan, R., 2005. "Competition and the regulation of economic development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 215-235, May.
- Hielke Buddelmeyer & Paul H. Jensen & Elizabeth Webster, 2010. "Innovation and the determinants of company survival," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 261-285, April.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Ron A. Boschma & Markku Sotarauta, 2007.
"Economic policy from an evolutionary perspective: the case of Finland,"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(2/3/4/5), pages 156-173.
- Ron A. Boschma & Markku Sotarauta, 2005. "Economic policy from an evolutionary perspective: the case of Finland," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0509, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Aug 2005.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2003.
"Do Financial Constraints Hold Back Innovation and Growth? Evidence on the Role of Public Policy,"
820, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005. "Do financial constraints hold back innovation and growth?: Evidence on the role of public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1385-1403, November.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Optimal diversity: Increasing returns versus recombinant innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 565-580, December.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Fier, Andreas, 2003. "Publicly Funded R&D Collaborations and Patent Outcome in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Blanes, J. Vicente & Busom, Isabel, 2004.
"Who participates in R&D subsidy programs?: The case of Spanish manufacturing firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1459-1476, December.
- J. Vicente Blanes & Isabel Busom, 2004. "WHO PARTICIPATES IN R&D SUBSIDY PROGRAMS?. The case of Spanish Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers wpdea0407, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Buehler, Stefan & Kaiser, Christian & Jaeger, Franz, 2006.
"Merge or fail? The determinants of mergers and bankruptcies in Switzerland, 1995-2000,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 88-95, January.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2005. "Merge or Fail? The Determinants of Mergers and Bankruptcies in Switzerland, 1995-2000," SOI - Working Papers 0506, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Aerts, Kris & Schmidt, Tobias, 2006. "Two for the price of one? On additionality effects of R&D subsidies: A comparison between Flanders and Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili & Hans Schenk, 2009.
"The effects of mergers and acquisitions on the firm size distribution,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-20, February.
- E. Cefis & O. Marsili & E.J.J Schenk, 2006. "The Effects of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Firm Size Distribution," Working Papers 06-17, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Isabel Busom, 2000. "An Empirical Evaluation of The Effects of R&D Subsidies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 111-148.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Georg Licht, 2006. "Additionality of public R&D grants in a transition economy," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(1), pages 101-131, 03.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Fier, 2007. "The relationship between R&D collaboration, subsidies and R&D performance: Empirical evidence from Finland and Germany," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1347-1366.
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2001.
"The effects of public R&D subsidies on firms' innovation activities: the case of Eastern Germany,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
01-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Almus, Matthias & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2003. "The Effects of Public R&D Subsidies on Firms' Innovation Activities: The Case of Eastern Germany," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 226-236, April.
- Pe'er, Aviad & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2008. "Firm exits as a determinant of new entry: Is there evidence of local creative destruction?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 280-306, May.
- Baldwin, John R. & Dupuy, Richard & Picot, Garnett, 1994. "Have Small Firms Created a Disproportionate Share of New Jobs in Canada? A Reassessment of the Facts," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1994071e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Martin Woerter, 2009. "Industry diversity and its impact on the innovation performance of firms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 675-700, October.
- repec:rif:dpaper:846 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johansson, Börje & Karlsson, Charlie & Backman, Mikaela, 2007. "Innovation Policy Instruments," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 105, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Colin Wren, 2002. "Evaluating the effect of soft business support upon small firm performance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 334-365, April.
- Sascha Becker & Peter Egger, 2013.
"Endogenous product versus process innovation and a firm’s propensity to export,"
Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 329-354, February.
- Sascha O. Becker & Peter Egger, 2007. "Endogenous Product versus Process Innovation and a Firm’s Propensity to Export," CESifo Working Paper Series 1906, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dirk Czarnitzki, 2006. "Research And Development In Small And Medium-Sized Enterprises: The Role Of Financial Constraints And Public Funding," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(3), pages 335-357, 07.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- DUGUET Emmanuel, 2004. "Are R&D subsidies a substitute or a complement to privately funded R&D? Evidence from France using propensity score methods for non- experimental data," Public Economics 0411007, EconWPA.
- Ron Jarmin, 1999. "Government Technical Assistance Programs* And Plant Survival: The Role Of Plant Ownership Type," Working Papers 99-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama & Otto Toivanen, 2005. "Selection Or Self-Rejection? Applications Into A Treatment," Industrial Organization 0510002, EconWPA.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2007. "The effects of government grants on plant survival: A micro-econometric analysis," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 701-720, August.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama, 2010.
"Adverse selection and financing of innovation: is there a need for R&D subsidies?,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 16-41, February.
- Takalo, Tuomas & Tanayama, Tanja, 2008. "Adverse selection and financing of innovation : is there a need for R&D subsidies?," Research Discussion Papers 19/2008, Bank of Finland.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:21:y:2011:i:3:p:519-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.