Knowledge combinations and the survival of financial services ventures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wennberg, Karl, 2008. "Knowledge combinations and the survival of financial services ventures," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2008:1, Stockholm School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Iyigun, Murat F & Owen, Ann L, 1998. "Risk, Entrepreneurship, and Human-Capital Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 454-457.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Agarwal, Rajshree & Echambadi, Raj & Franco, April M. & Sarkar, M. B., 2002. "Knowledge Transfer through Congenital Learning: Spin-Out Generation, Growth and Survival," Working Papers 02-0101, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Folta, Timothy B. & Woo, Carolyn, 1995. "Entrepreneurial information search," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-120, March.
- G. M. Peter Swann & Rui Baptista, 1999. "A comparison of clustering dynamics in the US and UK computer industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, pages 373-399.
- Klepper, Steven, 2001. "Employee Startups in High-Tech Industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 639-674, September.
- Michael Dahl & Toke Reichstein, 2007. "Are You Experienced? Prior Experience and the Survival of New Organizations," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 497-511.
- Michael S. Dahl & Christian Ø.R. Pedersen & Bent Dalum, 2003. "Entry by Spinoff in a High-tech Cluster," DRUID Working Papers 03-11, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- M.A. Carree & A.R. Thurik, 2008.
"The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, pages 101-110.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004. "Job Creation and Persistence in Services and Manufacturing," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-16, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Carree, M.A. & Thurik, A.R., 2006. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-064-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2004. "Job creation and persistence in services and manufacturing," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, pages 309-325.
- Iyigun, Murat F & Owen, Ann L, 1998.
"Risk, Entrepreneurship, and Human-Capital Accumulation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 454-457.
- Murat F. Iyigun & Ann L. Owen, 1997. "Risk, entrepreneurship and human capital accumulation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- van der Aa, Wietze & Elfring, Tom, 2002.
"Realizing innovation in services,"
Scandinavian Journal of Management,
Elsevier, pages 155-171.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "Entry and Survival: The Case of Foreign Banks in Norway," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael Dahl & Toke Reichstein, 2007.
"Are You Experienced? Prior Experience and the Survival of New Organizations,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 497-511.
- Michael S. Dahl & Toke Reichstein, 2005. "Are you experienced? Prior experience and the survival of new organizations," DRUID Working Papers 05-01, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1994. "Firm Selection and Industry Evolution: The Post-entry Performance of New Firms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, pages 243-260.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wennberg, K. & Tether, B. & Li, C. & Mina, A., 2010. "Turning Digital: Diversification in UK Design Consultancy Services," Working Papers wp413, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Werner, Arndt & Moog, Petra, 2009. "Why do Employees Leave Their Jobs for Self-Employment? – The Impact of Entrepreneurial Working Conditions in Small Firms," MPRA Paper 18826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- JosÃ© Belso-MartÃnez & Xavier Molina-Morales & Francisco MÃ¡s-VerdÃº, 2011. "How cluster membership places the mediatior effect of the internal resources on the association between KIBS and the growth of new innovative firms," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1732, European Regional Science Association.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Wright, Mike, 2011. "The effectiveness of university knowledge spillovers: Performance differences between university spinoffs and corporate spinoffs," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1128-1143.
- Marco Capasso & Elena Cefis & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Do Some Firms Persistently Outperform ?," LEM Papers Series 2009/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:122:y:2017:i:c:p:186-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Phillip H. & Longest, Kyle C., 2014. "You can't leave your work behind: Employment experience and founding collaborations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 785-806.
- Jonathan Borggren & Rikard H. Eriksson & Urban Lindgren, 2015. "Knowledge flows in high-impact firms: How does relatedness influence survival, acquisition and exit?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1512, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2015.
- McKelvie, Alexander & Brattström, Anna & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "The Relationship Between Innovation and New Firm Growth," Ratio Working Papers 206, The Ratio Institute.
- Alex Coad & Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Dan Johansson & Karl Wennberg, 2014. "Whom do high-growth firms hire?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 293-327, February.
- Agarwal, Rajshree & Shah, Sonali K., 2014. "Knowledge sources of entrepreneurship: Firm formation by academic, user and employee innovators," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1109-1133.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Spin-out; Spin-off; Knowledge; Financial services; Survival analysis; L11; L26; M13; L84;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:19:y:2009:i:2:p:259-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.