A simple note on herd behaviour
In his "Simple model of herd behaviour", Banerjee (1992) shows that - in a sequential game - if the first two players have chosen the same action, player 3 and all subsequent players will ignore his/her own information and start a herd, an irreversible one. In this paper we analyse the role played by the tie-breaking assumptions in reaching the equilibrium. We showed that: players' strategies are parameter dependent; an incorrect herd could be reversed; a correct herd is irreversible.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 18 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Morone, 2008.
"Financial markets in the laboratory: an experimental analysis of some stylized facts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 513-532.
- Andrea Morone, 2005. "Financial Market in the Laboratory, an Experimental Analysis of some Stylized Facts," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- John D. Hey & Andrea Morone, 2004. "Do Markets Drive Out Lemmings-or Vice Versa?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 637-659, November.
- Fiore, Annamaria & Morone, Andrea, 2007.
"A Simple Note on Informational Cascades,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2007-21, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Fiore, Annamaria & Morone, Andrea, 2008. "A Simple Note on Informational Cascades," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 2, pages 1-21.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:18:y:2008:i:5:p:639-646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.