Decentralized pricing in minimum cost spanning trees
In the minimum cost spanning tree model we consider decentralized pricing rules, i.e. rules that cover at least the efficient cost while the price charged to each user only depends upon his own connection costs. We define a canonical pricing rule and provide two axiomatic characterizations. First, the canonical pricing rule is the smallest among those that improve upon the Stand Alone bound, and are either superadditive or piece-wise linear in connection costs. Our second, direct characterization relies on two simple properties highlighting the special role of the source cost.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 44 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Moulin, Herve, 2001. "A New Solution to the Random Assignment Problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 295-328, October.
- Feltkamp, V. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1994. "On the irreducible core and the equal remaining obligations rule of minimum cost spanning extension problems," Discussion Paper 1994-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Demko, Stephen & Hill, Theodore P., 1988. "Equitable distribution of indivisible objects," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 145-158, October.
- Hervé Moulin & Scott Shenker, 2001. "Strategyproof sharing of submodular costs:budget balance versus efficiency," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 18(3), pages 511-533.
- Moulin, Herve, 1990.
"Uniform externalities : Two axioms for fair allocation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 305-326, December.
- Moulin, H., 1989. "Uniform Externalities: Two Axioms For Fair Allocation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 117-89, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2001.
"Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games and Population Monotonic Allocation Schemes,"
2001-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Norde, Henk & Moretti, Stefano & Tijs, Stef, 2004. "Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 84-97, April.
- Norde, H.W. & Moretti, S. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "Minimum cost spanning tree games and population monotonic allocation schemes," Other publications TiSEM bcaf99d7-5b94-437f-a89c-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Moulin, Herve, 1992. "Welfare bounds in the cooperative production problem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 373-401, July.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Kar, Anirban, 2004.
"Cost monotonicity, consistency and minimum cost spanning tree games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 223-248, August.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Kar, Anirban, 2002. "Cost Monotonicity, Consistency And Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 629, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Anirban Kar, 2002. "Cost monotonicity, consistency and minimum cost spanning tree games," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 02-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Moulin, H., 1986. "Characterizations of the pivotal mechanism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-78, October.
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2004.
"The P-value for cost sharing in minimum cost spanning tree situations,"
Other publications TiSEM
b41d77ef-69cb-4ffa-8309-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2003. "The P-Value for Cost Sharing in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Situations," Discussion Paper 2003-129, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stefano Moretti & Rodica Branzei & Henk Norde & Stef Tijs, 2004.
"The P-value for cost sharing in minimum,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 47-61, 04.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005.
"A fair rule in minimum cost spanning tree problems,"
Game Theory and Information
- Bergantinos, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan J., 2007. "A fair rule in minimum cost spanning tree problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 326-352, November.
- Sharkey, W.W., 1991. "Network Models in Economics," Papers 69, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:44:y:2010:i:2:p:293-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.