The impacts of entrepreneurial orientation on the profitability growth of construction firms in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hornsby, Jeffrey S. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Zahra, Shaker A., 2002. "Middle managers' perception of the internal environment for corporate entrepreneurship: assessing a measurement scale," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 253-273, May.
- Gary S. Hansen & Birger Wernerfelt, 1989. "Determinants of firm performance: The relative importance of economic and organizational factors," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(5), pages 399-411, September.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hyojin Kim & Daesik Hur & Tobias Schoenherr, 2015. "When Buyer-Driven Knowledge Transfer Activities Really Work: A Motivation–Opportunity–Ability Perspective," Journal of Supply Chain Management, Institute for Supply Management, vol. 51(3), pages 33-60, July.
- Morgan, Robert E. & Strong, Carolyn A., 2003. "Business performance and dimensions of strategic orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 163-176, March.
- Sang Lee & Seongbae Lim, 2009. "Entrepreneurial orientation and the performance of service business," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Gonzalo Maldonado-Guzman & Maria del Carmen Martinez-Serna & Sandra Yesenia Pinzon-Castro, 2017. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Growth in Mexican Small Business," Journal of Management and Sustainability, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 7(1), pages 94-102, March.
- Jean D. Opsomer & Mario Francisco-Fernández & Xiaoxi Li, 2012. "Model-Based Non-parametric Variance Estimation for Systematic Sampling," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 39(3), pages 528-542, September.
- Sascha Kraus, 2013. "The role of entrepreneurial orientation in service firms: empirical evidence from Austria," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 427-444, April.
- Knight, Gary A., 1997. "Cross-cultural reliability and validity of a scale to measure firm entrepreneurial orientation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Jenny Gibb & Jarrod M. Haar, 2010. "Risk Taking, Innovativeness And Competitive Rivalry: A Three-Way Interaction Towards Firm Performance," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(05), pages 871-891.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Garvis, Dennis M., 2000. "International corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: The moderating effect of international environmental hostility," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 469-492.
- Sandip Sarker & Mollika Palit, 2015. "Strategic orientation and performance of small and medium enterprises in Bangladesh," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 24(4), pages 572-586.
- Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B., 2003. "Arriving at the high-growth firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 189-216, March.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1991. "Predictors and financial outcomes of corporate entrepreneurship: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 259-285, July.
- Soriano, Domingo Ribeiro, 2010. "Management factors affecting the performance of technology firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 463-470, May.
- Fredric William Swierczek & Thanh Ha Thai, 2003. "MOTIVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SMEsIN VIETNAM," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(01), pages 47-68.
- Minniti, Maria & Lévesque, Moren, 2008. "Recent developments in the economics of entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 603-612, November.
- Jeffrey G. Covin & Dennis P. Slevin, 1989. "Strategic management of small firms in hostile and benign environments," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 75-87, January.
- Bostjan Antoncic & Otmar Zorn, 2004. "The Mediating Role of Corporate Entrepreneurship in the Organizational Support–Performance Relationship: An Empirical Examination," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 2(1), pages 5-14.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Luuk Klomp & George Van Leeuwen, 2001. "Linking Innovation and Firm Performance: A New Approach," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 343-364.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Entrepreneurial orientation; Construction industry; Tanzania; Developing countries; innovativeness; Risk taking; Proactiveness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jglont:v:9:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1186_s40497-018-0143-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.