Exchange rate movements and policy coordination in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-360, Oct.-Dec..
- Jose Angelo Divino & Vladimir Kuhl Teles & Joaquim Pinto de Andrade, 2009.
"On the purchasing power parity for Latin-American countries,"
Journal of Applied Economics,
Universidad del CEMA, vol. 12, pages 33-54, May.
- Amor Divino, José Ângelo Costa do & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de & Teles, Vladimir Kuhl, 2010. "On the purchasing power parity for Latin-American countries," Textos para discussão 227, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Arize, Augustine C & Osang, Thomas & Slottje, Daniel J, 2000. "Exchange-Rate Volatility and Foreign Trade: Evidence from Thirteen LDC's," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 10-17, January.
- Gerald Carlino & Keith Sill, 2001.
"Regional Income Fluctuations: Common Trends And Common Cycles,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 446-456, August.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Keith Sill, 2000. "Regional income fluctuations: common trends and common cycles," Working Papers 00-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Peter Wilson & Keen Meng Choy, 2007.
"Prospects for enhanced exchange rate cooperation in East Asia: some preliminary findings from generalized PPP theory,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 981-995.
- Peter Wilson & Keen Meng Choy, 2006. "Prospects For Enhanced Exchange Rate Cooperation In East Asia : Some Preliminary Findings From Generalized Ppp Theory," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22585, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Peter Wilson & Choy Keen Meng, 2006. "Prospects For Enhanced Exchange Rate Cooperation in East Asia: Some Preliminary Findings from Generalized PPP Theory," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0601, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- John B. Taylor, 2001. "The Role of the Exchange Rate in Monetary-Policy Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 263-267, May.
- Giannellis, Nikolaos & Koukouritakis, Minoas, 2013. "Exchange rate misalignment and inflation rate persistence: Evidence from Latin American countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 202-218.
- Krueger,Anne O., 1983. "Exchange-Rate Determination," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521273015.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2012.
"How strong is the case for dollarization in Central America? An empirical analysis of business cycles, credit market imperfections and the exchange rate,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 147-166, April.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2010. "How Strong is the Case for Dollarization in Central America? An Empirical Analysis of Business Cycles, Credit Market Imperfections and the Exchange Rate," Working Papers 83, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Su, Chi-Wei & Tsangyao, Chang & Chang, Hsu-Ling, 2011. "Purchasing power parity for fifteen Latin American countries: Stationary test with a Fourier function," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 839-845, October.
- Ghosh, Amit, 2013. "Exchange rate pass through, macro fundamentals and regime choice in Latin America," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 163-171.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:54:y:2009:i:04:n:s0217590809003458 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kiyotaka Sato & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2006. "Real Output Co-movements in East Asia: Any Evidence for a Monetary Union?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(12), pages 1671-1689, December.
- Carlos Cortinhas, 2009.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through In Asean: Implications For The Prospects Of Monetary Integration In The Region,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 54(04), pages 657-687.
- Carlos Cortinhas, 2007. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in ASEAN: Implications for the Prospects of Monetary Integration in the Region," NIPE Working Papers 2/2007, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Basnet, Hem C. & Sharma, Subhash C., 2013. "Economic Integration in Latin America," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 28, pages 551-579.
- Adom, Assandé Désiré & Sharma, Subhash C. & Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub, 2010. "Economic integration in Africa," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 245-253, August.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wen-Chi Liu & Chin-Ping Yu & Shuchen Kang, 2010. "Purchasing power parity for 10 Latin American integration association countries: panel SURKSS tests," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(16), pages 1575-1580.
- Isabel Ruiz, 2009. "Linkages among Latin American foreign exchange markets: a long-run perspective in the presence of structural breaks," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 509-514.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, May.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2006. "On The Optimality Of A Gcc Monetary Union: Structural Var, Common Trends And Common Cycles Evidence," Working Papers 0611, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Wongbangpo, Praphan, 2002. "Long-term trends and cycles in ASEAN stock markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 299-315.
- Engle, Robert F. & Issler, João Victor, 1993. "Common trends and common cycles in Latin America," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 47(2), April.
- Gabriel Rodriguez & Indira Romero, 2007. "The role of permanent and transitory components in the fluctuations of Latin-American real exchange rates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(21), pages 2713-2722.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon features; Policy coordination; Exchange rates; Comovement; Financial integration; F31; F33; F36;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:39:y:2015:i:4:p:679-696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.