No institution is a free lunch: a reconstruction of Ronald Coase
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ugo Pagano, 2012. "No institution is a free lunch: a reconstruction of Ronald Coase," Department of Economics University of Siena 633, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Pagano, 2010.
"Marrying in the Cathedral: A Framework for the Analysis of Corporate Governance,"
Chapters,in: The Law and Economics of Corporate Governance, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ugo Pagano, 2009. "Marrying in the Cathedral: a Framework for the Analysis of Corporate Governance," Department of Economics University of Siena 571, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- Kevin Keasey & Steve Thompson & Mike Wright (ed.), 1999. "Corporate Governance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 1708.
- Pagano, Ugo, 2011.
"Interlocking complementarities and institutional change,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 373-392, September.
- Ugo Pagano, 2010. "Interlocking Complementarities and Institutional Change," Department of Economics University of Siena 598, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Pagano, Ugo, 2000.
"Public markets, private orderings and corporate governance,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 453-477, December.
- Ugo Pagano, 2000. "Public Markets, Private Orderings and Corporate Governance," Working Papers wp166, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Chichilnisky, G. & Heal, G. & Pagano, U., 1994. "Property Rights and Returns to Scale: Patents, Firms and Market Failure," Papers 94-08, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Usher, Dan, 1998. "The Coase theorem is tautological, incoherent or wrong," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 3-11, October.
- Vives,Xavier (ed.), 2000. "Corporate Governance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521781640, May.
- Coase, R H, 2000. "The Acquisition of Fisher Body by General Motors," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 15-31, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimiliano Vatiero, 2013. "Prof. Ronald H. Coase. An Obituary," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 157-159.
- Šastitko, Andrej E., 2013. "Effects of third party errors," EconStor Preprints 121747, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Ugo Pagano & Massimiliano Vatiero, 2017. "Positional goods and legal orderings," Department of Economics University of Siena 773, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Antonio Nicita, 2014. "The legacy of R. Coase (1910–2013): toward a theory of institutional 'moving equilibrium'?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 61(2), pages 93-108, June.
- Nicita, Antonio & Pagano, Ugo, 2016. "Finance-technology complementarities: An organizational equilibria approach," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 43-51.
- Ugo Pagano, 2013. "Technical assets and property rights," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 18 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- A. Nicita & M. Rizzolli & H. Smith, 2012. "Exploring Coase’s world: an introduction," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 59(2), pages 111-120, July.
- repec:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:4:p:257-265 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCoase; Returns to scale; Transaction costs; Production entitlements; B290; D020; D290; L230;
- B29 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Other
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D29 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Other
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:inrvec:v:59:y:2012:i:2:p:189-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.