The problem of shelf-warmers in electronic commerce: a proposed solution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Grzegorz Chodak, 0. "The problem of shelf-warmers in electronic commerce: a proposed solution," Information Systems and e-Business Management, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
References listed on IDEAS
- Snyder, Ralph, 2002.
"Forecasting sales of slow and fast moving inventories,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(3), pages 684-699, August.
- Snyder, R., 1999. "Forecasting Sales of Slow and Fast Moving Inventories," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 7/99, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- A. Gürhan Kök & Marshall L. Fisher, 2007. "Demand Estimation and Assortment Optimization Under Substitution: Methodology and Application," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(6), pages 1001-1021, December.
- Chodak, Grzegorz & Suchacka, Grażyna, 2012. "Cost-oriented recommendation model for e-commerce," MPRA Paper 39542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Porras, Eric & Dekker, Rommert, 2008. "An inventory control system for spare parts at a refinery: An empirical comparison of different re-order point methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 101-132, January.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Lydia Shenstone, 2005.
"Stochastic models underlying Croston's method for intermittent demand forecasting,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 389-402.
- Lydia Shenstone & Rob J. Hyndman, 2003. "Stochastic models underlying Croston's method for intermittent demand forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jin-Hu Liu & Tao Zhou & Zi-Ke Zhang & Zimo Yang & Chuang Liu & Wei-Min Li, 2014. "Promoting Cold-Start Items in Recommender Systems," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(12), pages 1-13, December.
- Syntetos, A.A. & Babai, M.Z. & Davies, J. & Stephenson, D., 2010. "Forecasting and stock control: A study in a wholesaling context," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 103-111, September.
- Grzegorz, Chodak, 2016. "The Nuisance of Slow Moving Products in Electronic Commerce," MPRA Paper 69817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhu, Han & Liu, Xing & Chen, Youhua (Frank), 2015. "Effective inventory control policies with a minimum order quantity and batch ordering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 21-30.
- Ricardo Ernst & Panagiotis Kouvelis, 1999. "The Effects of Selling Packaged Goods on Inventory Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1142-1155, August.
- de Brito, Marisa P. & Dekker, Rommert, 2003.
"Modelling product returns in inventory control--exploring the validity of general assumptions,"
International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 225-241, January.
- de Brito, M.P. & Dekker, R., 2001. "Modelling product returns in inventory control - exploring the validity or general assumptions," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2001-27, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Siddharth Mahajan & Garrett van Ryzin, 2001. "Stocking Retail Assortments Under Dynamic Consumer Substitution," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 49(3), pages 334-351, June.
- Nelson Granados & Alok Gupta & Robert J. Kauffman, 2012. "Online and Offline Demand and Price Elasticities: Evidence from the Air Travel Industry," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 164-181, March.
- Mantrala, Murali K. & Levy, Michael & Kahn, Barbara E. & Fox, Edward J. & Gaidarev, Peter & Dankworth, Bill & Shah, Denish, 2009. "Why is Assortment Planning so Difficult for Retailers? A Framework and Research Agenda," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 71-83.
- Abbas A. Kurawarwala & Hirofumi Matsuo, 1996. "Forecasting and Inventory Management of Short Life-Cycle Products," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 131-150, February.
- Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan, 2011. "An empirical analysis on the influence of risk on relationships between handling of product returns and customer loyalty in E-commerce," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 255-261, April.
More about this item
KeywordsE-commerce; Inventory control; Online store; Shelf-warmer; Slow moving products; Search engine optimization (SEO); Social media;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:infsem:v:18:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s10257-020-00473-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.