Military service and smoking in a cohort of northern Vietnamese older adults
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cronan, Terry A. & Conway, Terry L. & Kaszas, Suzanne L., 1991. "Starting to smoke in the navy: When, where and why," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 1349-1353, January.
- Kelly Bedard & Olivier Deschênes, 2006. "The Long-Term Impact of Military Service on Health: Evidence from World War II and Korean War Veterans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 176-194, March.
- Minoru Takakura, 2015. "Relations of participation in organized activities to smoking and drinking among Japanese youth: contextual effects of structural social capital in high school," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 60(6), pages 679-689, September.
- M. Merli, 2000. "Socioeconomic background and war mortality during Vietnam’s wars," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 37(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Morrow, Martha & Ngoc, Do Hong & Hoang, Truong Trong & Trinh, Tran Hue, 2002. "Smoking and young women in Vietnam: the influence of normative gender roles," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 681-690, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:10:1518-1522_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Waldron, Ingrid & Bratelli, Gary & Carriker, Laura & Sung, Wei-Chin & Vogeli, Christine & Waldman, Elizabeth, 1988. "Gender differences in tobacco use in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1269-1275, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2014.302538_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timo-Kolja Pförtner & Bart Clercq & Michela Lenzi & Alessio Vieno & Katharina Rathmann & Irene Moor & Anne Hublet & Michal Molcho & Anton Kunst & Matthias Richter, 2015. "Does the association between different dimension of social capital and adolescent smoking vary by socioeconomic status? a pooled cross-national analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 60(8), pages 901-910, December.
- Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Korinek, Kim, 2012. "The long-term impact of war on health and wellbeing in Northern Vietnam: Some glimpses from a recent survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(12), pages 1995-2004.
- Dominik Schori & Karen Hofmann & Thomas Abel, 2014. "Social inequality and smoking in young Swiss men: intergenerational transmission of cultural capital and health orientation," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(2), pages 261-270, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:6:1013-1020_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.152983_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2014.301925_2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsVeterans; War; Smoking; Tobacco; Vietnam; Aging and health;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ijphth:v:62:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s00038-016-0841-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .