Study on Assessing Economic Vulnerability of Small Island Regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aura Reggiani & Thomas de Graaff & Peter Nijkamp, 2001. "Resilience: An Evolutionary Approach to Spatial Economic Systems," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-100/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nijkamp, Peter & Vreeker, Ron, 2000. "Sustainability assessment of development scenarios: methodology and application to Thailand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 7-27, April.
- Briguglio, Lino, 1995. "Small island developing states and their economic vulnerabilities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1615-1632, September.
- Charles Perrings, 1998. "Resilience in the Dynamics of Economy-Environment Systems," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 503-520, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bates, Samuel & Angeon, Valérie & Ainouche, Ahmed, 2014.
"The pentagon of vulnerability and resilience: A methodological proposal in development economics by using graph theory,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 445-453.
- Samuel Bates & Valérie Angeon & Ahmed Ainouche, 2014. "The pentagon of vulnerability and resilience: A methodological proposal in development economics by using graph theory," Post-Print hal-01291338, HAL.
- Blancard, Stéphane & Hoarau, Jean-François, 2013.
"A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 623-635.
- Stéphane Blancard & Jean-François Hoarau, 2013. "A new sustainable human development indicator for small island developing states: A reappraisal from data envelopment analysis," Post-Print hal-01243423, HAL.
- Michaël GOUJON & Jean-François HOARAU, 2015.
"Une Nouvelle Mesure Du Développement Des Économies Ultramarines Françaises À Travers L’Application De L’Indicateur De Développement Humain « Hybride »,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 55-78.
- Michaël Goujon & Jean-François Hoarau, 2015. "Une nouvelle mesure du développement des économies ultramarines françaises à travers l’application de l’indicateur de développement humain « hybride »," Post-Print halshs-01413356, HAL.
- Manuela Deidda, 2016. "Insularity and economic development: a survey," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 63(2), pages 107-128, June.
- Valérie ANGEON & Jean-François HOARAU, 2015. "Introduction - Les Petites Économies Insulaires : Un Monde À Part Entière ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 5-13.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:18:y:2016:i:c:p:130-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel BATES & Valérie ANGEON, 2015. "Promoting The Sustainable Development Of Small Island Developing States: Insights From Vulnerability And Resilience Analysis," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 15-29.
- M. Del Gatto & C. Mastinu, 2015. "Geography, Cultural Remoteness and Economic Development: A Regional Analysis of the Economic Consequences of Insularity," Working Paper CRENoS 201503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Zouhair Aït Benhamou & Lesly Cassin, 2018. "The effects of migration and remittances on development and capital in Caribbean Small Island Developing States," EconomiX Working Papers 2018-41, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Angeon, Valérie & Bates, Samuel, 2015.
"Reviewing Composite Vulnerability and Resilience Indexes: A Sustainable Approach and Application,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 140-162.
- Samuel Bates & Valérie Angeon, 2015. "Reviewing Composite Vulnerability and Resilience Indexes: A Sustainable Approach and Application," Post-Print hal-01291345, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAmami Islands; composite economic vulnerability index; economic exposure; economic of natural disasters; economic remoteness; exogenous impacts; resilience.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:6:y:2004:i:3:p:317-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.