Sprawl matters: the evolution of fringe land, natural amenities and disposable income in a Mediterranean urban area
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi, 2007.
"European cities in the process of economic integration: towards structural convergence,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2), pages 499-499, June.
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi, 2007. "European cities in the process of economic integration: towards structural convergence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(2), pages 333-351, June.
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi, 2007. "European Cities in the Process of Economic Integration: Towards Structural Convergence," Post-Print halshs-00277775, HAL.
- Erik Lichtenberg & Ian Hardie, 2007. "Open Space, Forest Conservation, and Urban Sprawl in Maryland Suburban Subdivisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1198-1204.
- Wu, JunJie, 2006. "Environmental amenities, urban sprawl, and community characteristics," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 527-547, September.
- Daniel Arribas-Bel & Peter Nijkamp & Henk Scholten, 2011. "Multi-Dimensional Urban Sprawl in Europe: a Self-Organizing Map Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa10p485, European Regional Science Association.
- Carmen Carrión-Flores & Elena G. Irwin, 2004. "Determinants of Residential Land-Use Conversion and Sprawl at the Rural-Urban Fringe," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 889-904.
- Thomas Coisnon & Walid Oueslati & Julien Salanié, 2012.
"Urban sprawl occurrence under spatially varying agricultural bid-rent and amenities,"
- Thomas Coisnon & Walid Oueslati & Julien Salanié, 2014. "Urban sprawl occurrence under spatially varying agricultural bid-rent and amenities," Post-Print halshs-00949716, HAL.
- Irwin, Elena G. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 2004. "Land use externalities, open space preservation, and urban sprawl," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 705-725, November.
- Chunhua Wang & JunJie Wu, 2011. "Natural amenities, increasing returns and urban development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 687-707, July.
- Valeria Paul & Matthew Tonts, 2005. "Containing Urban Sprawl: Trends in Land Use and Spatial Planning in the Metropolitan Region of Barcelona," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 7-35.
- John I. Carruthers & Gudmundur F. Ulfarsson, 2002. "Fragmentation and Sprawl: Evidence from Interregional Analysis," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 312-340.
- Jean CavailhÃ¨s & Pierre Frankhauser & Dominique Peeters & Isabelle Thomas, 2004.
"Where Alonso Meets Sierpinski: An Urban Economic Model of a Fractal Metropolitan Area,"
Environment and Planning A, , vol. 36(8), pages 1471-1498, August.
- CAVAILHES, Jean & FRANKHAUSER, Pierre & PEETERS, Dominique & THOMAS, Isabelle, 2004. "Where Alonso meets Sierpinski: an urban economic model of a fractal metropolitan area," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1721, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Annemarie Schneider & Curtis E. Woodcock, 2008. "Compact, Dispersed, Fragmented, Extensive? A Comparison of Urban Growth in Twenty-five Global Cities using Remotely Sensed Data, Pattern Metrics and Census Information," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(3), pages 659-692, March.
- Waltert, Fabian & Schläpfer, Felix, 2010. "Landscape amenities and local development: A review of migration, regional economic and hedonic pricing studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 141-152, December.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Seung Gyu Kim & Roland Roberts, 2011. "Values of environmental landscape amenities during the 2000-2006 real estate boom and subsequent 2008 recession," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(1), pages 71-91.
- Walsh, Randy, 2007. "Endogenous open space amenities in a locational equilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 319-344, March.
- JunJie Wu, 2010. "Economic Fundamentals And Urban–Suburban Disparities," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 570-591, May.
- Coisnon, Thomas & Oueslati, Walid & Salanié, Julien, 2014. "Urban sprawl occurrence under spatially varying agricultural amenities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 38-49.
- Luca Salvati & Vittorio Gargiulo Morelli, 2014. "Unveiling Urban Sprawl in the Mediterranean Region: Towards a Latent Urban Transformation?," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(6), pages 1935-1953, November.
- JunJie Wu, 2001. "Environmental Amenities and the Spatial Pattern of Urban Sprawl," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 691-697.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Adil Rauf & Olaf Weber, 0. "Urban infrastructure finance and its relationship to land markets, land development, and sustainability: a case study of the city of Islamabad, Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-19.
More about this item
KeywordsExurban development; Spatial analysis; Socioeconomic disparities; Landscape; Mediterranean Europe;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10668-015-9742-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.