Multi-Dimensional Urban Sprawl in Europe: a Self-Organizing Map Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E., 2004.
"Sprawl and urban growth,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 56, pages 2481-2527
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," NBER Working Papers 9733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Sprawl and Urban Growth," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2004, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Largey, Ann G., 2008. "Social interaction and urban sprawl," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 18-34, July.
- Seong-Hoon Cho & Dayton M. Lambert & Roland K. Roberts & Seung Gyu Kim, 2010. "Moderating urban sprawl: is there a balance between shared open space and housing parcel size?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(5), pages 763-783, September.
- Marcy Burchfield & Henry G. Overman & Diego Puga & Matthew A. Turner, 2006. "Causes of Sprawl: A Portrait from Space," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 587-633.
- Turner, Matthew A., 2007. "A simple theory of smart growth and sprawl," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 21-44, January.
- Robert O. Harvey & W. A. V. Clark, 1965. "The Nature and Economics of Urban Sprawl," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(1), pages 1-9.
- Jan Ritsema van Eck & Eric Koomen, 2008. "Characterising urban concentration and land-use diversity in simulations of future land use," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(1), pages 123-140, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walid Oueslati & Seraphim Alvanides & Guy Garrod, 2015. "Determinants of urban sprawl in European cities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(9), pages 1594-1614, July.
- Laura Varela-Candamio & Fernando Rubiera Morollón & Gohar Sedrakyan, 2017. "Urban sprawl and local fiscal burden: analysing the Spanish case," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1721, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Drejerska, Nina, 5. "Are There Rural Areas In The Warsaw Metropolitan Area? An Attempt To Answer The Question Base On The Degree Of Urbanisation (Degurba)," Roczniki (Annals), Polish Association of Agricultural Economists and Agribusiness - Stowarzyszenie Ekonomistow Rolnictwa e Agrobiznesu (SERiA), issue 5.
- Karima Kourtit & Daniel Arribas-Bel & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "High performers in complex spatial systems: a self-organizing mapping approach with reference to The Netherlands," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 501-527, April.
- Miquel-Ángel Garcia-López & Ilias Pasidis & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2015.
"Express delivery to the suburbs. The effects of transportation in Europe’s heterogeneous cities,"
2015/30, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Miquel-Ã€ngel Garcia-LÃ³pez & Ilias Pasidis & Elisabet Viladecans Marsal, 2016. "Express Delivery to the Suburbs. The Effect of Transportation in Europe's Heterogeneous Cities," CESifo Working Paper Series 5699, CESifo Group Munich.
- Luca Salvati & Giuseppe Venanzoni & Pere Serra & Margherita Carlucci, 2016. "Scattered or polycentric? Untangling urban growth in three southern European metropolitan regions through exploratory spatial data analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 57(1), pages 1-29, July.
- Ilias-Nikiforos Pasidis & Miquel-Ã€ngel Garcia-LÃ³pez & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2015. "Express delivery to the suburbs. Transport Infrastructure and European cities," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1239, European Regional Science Association.
- Karima Kourtit & Daniel Arribas-Bel & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "High Performance in Complex Spatial Systems: A Self-Organizing Mapping Approach with Reference to The Netherlands," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-194/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Miguel Gómez-Antonio & Miriam Hortas-Rico & Linna Li, 2016.
"The Causes of Urban Sprawl in Spanish Urban Areas: A Spatial Approach,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 219-247, June.
- Miguel Gómez-Antonio & Miriam Hortas-Rico & Linna Li, 2014. "The causes of urban sprawl in Spanish urban areas: a spatial approach," Working Papers. Collection B: Regional and sectoral economics 1402, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Barry Kew & Brian D. Lee, 2013. "Measuring Sprawl across the Urban Rural Continuum Using an Amalgamated Sprawl Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(5), pages 1-23, April.
- Arribas, D. & Kourtit, K. & Nijkamp, P., 2012. "Benchmarking of world cities through self-organizing maps," Serie Research Memoranda 0006, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp & Soushi Suzuki, 2013. "The Rat Race between World Cities: In Search of Exceptional Places by Means of Super-Efficient Data Development Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-104/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Olumayokun Soremekun & Charles A. Malgwi, 2013. "Exploring Patterns in ICT Growth and Development in Africa: A Kohonen Map Analysis," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2,3), pages 175-190, Winter.
- Salvati, Luca & Sateriano, Adele & Grigoriadis, Efstathios & Carlucci, Margherita, 2017. "New wine in old bottles: The (changing) socioeconomic attributes of sprawl during building boom and stagnation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 361-372.
- repec:rre:publsh:v:43:y:2013:i:23:p:99-105 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .