Availability of child care in the United States: A description and analysis of data sources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1974.
"Effects of Child-Care Programs on Women's Work Effort,"
NBER Chapters,in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 136-169
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Effects of Child-Care Programs on Women's Work Effort," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 136-163, Part II, .
- Blau, David M, 1993. "The Supply of Child Care Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 324-347, April.
- Tasneem Chipty & Ann Dryden Witte, 1997. "An Empirical Investigation of Firms' Responses to Minimum Standards Regulations," NBER Working Papers 6104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Blau & Alison P. Hagy, 1998. "The Demand for Quality in Child Care," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 104-146, February.
- Alison P. Hagy, 1998. "The Demand for Child Care Quality: An Hedonic Price Theory Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(3), pages 683-710.
- Edwards, John H. Y. & Fuller, Bruce & Liang, Xiaoyan, 1996. "The mixed preschool market: Explaining local variation in family demand and organized supply," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 149-161, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, Anna D. & Padilla, Christina M. & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth, 2017. "Predictors of public early care and education use among children of low-income immigrants," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 24-36.
- Chris Herbst & Burt Barnow, 2008. "Close to Home: A Simultaneous Equations Model of the Relationship Between Child Care Accessibility and Female Labor Force Participation," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 128-151, March.
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tang, Sandra & Coley, Rebekah Levine & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth, 2012. "Low-income families' selection of child care for their young children," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2002-2011.
- Markowitz, Anna J. & Ryan, Rebecca M. & Johnson, Anna D., 2014. "Child care subsidies and child care choices: The moderating role of household structure," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 230-240.
- Coley, Rebekah Levine & Sims, Jacqueline & Votruba-Drzal, Elizabeth, 2016. "Family expenditures supporting children across income and urbanicity strata," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 129-142.
- Choi, Eun-Young & Johnson, Thomas G. & Lake, Amy & Robinson, Dennis P., 2009. "A Spatial Analysis of the Former Childcare Sector in Kansas," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(1).
- Johnson, Anna D. & Martin, Anne & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne, 2011. "Who uses child care subsidies? Comparing recipients to eligible non-recipients on family background characteristics and child care preferences," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1072-1083, July.
- M. Rebecca Kilburn & Ashlesha Datar, 2002. "The Availability of Child Care Centers in China and Its Impact on Child Care and Maternal Work Decisions," Working Papers 02-12, RAND Corporation.
- Owens, Mark F. & Rennhoff, Adam D., 2014. "Provision and price of child care services: For-profits and nonprofits," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 40-51.
- Karsten Hank & Michaela Kreyenfeld, 2001. "Childcare and fertility in (western) Germany," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-019, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Paul Auken & Roger Hammer & Paul Voss & Daniel Veroff, 2006. "The American Community Survey in counties with “seasonal” populations," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 25(3), pages 275-292, June.
- Gunnar Andersson & Ann-Zofie Duvander & Karsten Hank, 2003. "Do child care characteristics influence continued childbearing in Sweden? An investigation of the quantity, quality, and price dimension," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-013, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:38:y:2001:i:2:p:299-316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .