Residential preferences and residential choices in a multiethnic context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yinger, John, 1976. "Racial prejudice and racial residential segregation in an urban model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 383-396, October.
- George Galster, 1988. "Residential segregation in American cities: A contrary review," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 7(2), pages 93-112, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colman, Andrew M., 2006. "Thomas C. Schelling's psychological decision theory: Introduction to a special issue," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 603-608, October.
- Abhinav Singh & Dmitri Vainchtein & Howard Weiss, 2009. "Schelling's Segregation Model: Parameters, scaling, and aggregation," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 21(12), pages 341-366, September.
- Mägi, Kadi & Leetmaa, Kadri & Tammaru, Tiit & van Ham, Maarten, 2015. "Types of Spatial Mobility and the Ethnic Context of Destination Neighbourhoods in Estonia," IZA Discussion Papers 9602, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alfred Nucci & Charles Tolbert & Troy Blanchard & Michael Irwin, 2002. "Leaving Home: Modeling the Effect of Civic and Economic Structure on Individual Migration Patterns," Working Papers 02-16, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Esther Havekes & Michael Bader & Maria Krysan, 2016. "Realizing Racial and Ethnic Neighborhood Preferences? Exploring the Mismatches Between What People Want, Where They Search, and Where They Live," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(1), pages 101-126, February.
- Charles Tolbert & Troy Blanchard & Michael Irwin, 2006. "Stability and Change in Individual Determinants of Migration: Evidence from 1985-1990 and 1995 to 2000," Working Papers 06-27, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kwan Ok Lee, 2014. "Why Do Renters Stay In Or Leave Certain Neighborhoods? The Role Of Neighborhood Characteristics, Housing Tenure Transitions, And Race," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(5), pages 755-787, November.
- Lee, Min-Ah, 2009. "Neighborhood residential segregation and mental health: A multilevel analysis on Hispanic Americans in Chicago," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1975-1984, June.
- Matthew Hall & Kyle Crowder, 2014. "Native Out-Migration and Neighborhood Immigration in New Destinations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(6), pages 2179-2202, December.
- Clark, William A.V. & Huang, Youqin, 2003. "Black and White Commuting Behavior in a Large Segregated City: Evidence from Atlanta," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt90t654p2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Li, Qiang, 2014. "Ethnic diversity and neighborhood house prices," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 21-38.
- John Hipp, 2012. "Segregation Through the Lens of Housing Unit Transition: What Roles Do the Prior Residents, the Local Micro-Neighborhood, and the Broader Neighborhood Play?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(4), pages 1285-1306, November.
- Yiming Wang, 2012. "Decomposing the entropy index of racial diversity: in search of two types of variance," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(3), pages 897-915, June.
- Kadi Mägi & Kadri Leetmaa & Tiit Tammaru & Maarten van Ham, 2016. "Types of spatial mobility and change in people's ethnic residential contexts," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 34(41), pages 1161-1192, June.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0593-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Sapna Swaroop & Maria Krysan, 2011. "The Determinants of Neighborhood Satisfaction: Racial Proxy Revisited," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(3), pages 1203-1229, August.
- van Ham, Maarten & Manley, David, 2013. "Occupational Mobility and Living in Deprived Neighbourhoods: Housing Tenure Differences in 'Neighbourhood Effects'," IZA Discussion Papers 7815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Uzi Rebhun & Sidney Goldstein, 2009. "Dynamics of Internal Migration Determinants for American Jews, 1985–1990 and 1995–2000," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(2), pages 143-167, April.
- Tilahun, Nebiyou & Levinson, David, 2011.
"Work and home location: Possible role of social networks,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 323-331, May.
- Nebiyou Tilahun & David Levinson, 2006. "Work and Home Location: Possible Role of Social Networks," Working Papers 201102, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Plascak, Jesse J. & Molina, Yamile & Wu-Georges, Samantha & Idris, Ayah & Thompson, Beti, 2016. "Latino residential segregation and self-rated health among Latinos: Washington State Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2012–2014," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 38-47.
- Florence Goffette-Nagot & Pablo Jensen & Sebastian Grauwin, 2009.
"Dynamic models of residential segregation: Brief review, analytical resolution and study of the introduction of coordination,"
- Sebastian Grauwin & Florence Goffette-Nagot & Pablo Jensen, 2009. "Dynamic models of residential segregation: Brief review, analytical resolution and study of the introduction of coordination," Working Papers 0914, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Patrick Sharkey, 2012. "Temporary Integration, Resilient Inequality: Race and Neighborhood Change in the Transition to Adulthood," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(3), pages 889-912, August.
- Amber Fox Crowell & Mark Fossett, 2016. "White-Latino Residential Attainments And Segregation In Six Cities: Assessing The Role Of Micro-Level Factors," Working Papers 16-51, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:29:y:1992:i:3:p:451-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .