Nonparametric quantile regression with heavy-tailed and strongly dependent errors
We consider nonparametric estimation of the conditional qth quantile for stationary time series. We deal with stationary time series with strong time dependence and heavy tails under the setting of random design. We estimate the conditional qth quantile by local linear regression and investigate the asymptotic properties. It is shown that the asymptotic properties are affected by both the time dependence and the tail index of the errors. The results of a small simulation study are also given. Copyright The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo 2013
Volume (Year): 65 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102845|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Honda, Toshio, 2006.
"Nonparametric Density Estimation for Linear Processes with Infinite Variance,"
2005-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Toshio Honda, 2009. "Nonparametric density estimation for linear processes with infinite variance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 413-439, June.
- Liang Peng & Qiwei Yao, 2004. "Nonparametric regression under dependent errors with infinite variance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, October.
- Toshio Honda, 2000. "Nonparametric Estimation of a Conditional Quantile for α-Mixing Processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 459-470, September.
- Honda, Toshio, 2007.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional Medians for Linear and Related Processes,"
2005-04, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Toshio Honda, 2010. "Nonparametric estimation of conditional medians for linear and related processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 62(6), pages 995-1021, December.
- Härdle, Wolfgang K. & Song, Song, 2010. "Confidence Bands In Quantile Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(04), pages 1180-1200, August.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Ngai Chan & Rongmao Zhang, 2009. "M-estimation in nonparametric regression under strong dependence and infinite variance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 391-411, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:65:y:2013:i:1:p:23-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.