On linear models with long memory and heavy-tailed errors
We consider the robust estimation of regression parameters in linear models with long memory and heavy-tailed errors. Asymptotic Bahadur-type representations of robust estimates are developed and their limiting distributions are obtained. It is shown that the limiting distributions are very different from those obtained under short memory. A simulation study is carried out to compare the performance of various asymptotic representations.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zeckhauser, Richard & Thompson, Mark, 1970. "Linear Regression with Non-Normal Error Terms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 280-86, August.
- Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 2001. "Asymptotics of empirical processes of long memory moving averages with infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 309-336, February.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521845731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cui, Hengjian & He, Xuming & Ng, Kai W., 2004. "M-estimation for linear models with spatially-correlated errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 383-393, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521608275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1990.
"A Shortcut to LAD Estimator Asymptotics,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
949, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:2:p:349-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.