Nonparametric estimation of conditional medians for linear and related processes
We consider nonparametric estimation of conditional medians for time series data. The time series data are generated from two mutually independent linear processes. The linear processes may show long-range dependence.The estimator of the conditional medians is based on minimizing the locally weighted sum of absolute deviations for local linear regression. We present the asymptotic distribution of the estimator. The rate of convergence is independent of regressors in our setting. The result of a simulation study is also given.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 62 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102845|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Hall & Liang Peng & Qiwei Yao, 2002. "Prediction and nonparametric estimation for time series with heavy tails," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6086, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Toshio Honda, 2009.
"Nonparametric density estimation for linear processes with infinite variance,"
Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics,
Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 413-439, June.
- Honda, Toshio, 2006. "Nonparametric Density Estimation for Linear Processes with Infinite Variance," Discussion Papers 2005-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 1996. "Asymptotic normality of regression estimators with long memory errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 317-335, September.
- Koul, Hira L. & Baillie, Richard T. & Surgailis, Donatas, 2004. "Regression Model Fitting With A Long Memory Covariate Process," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 485-512, June.
- Koul, Hira L. & Surgailis, Donatas, 2001. "Asymptotics of empirical processes of long memory moving averages with infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 309-336, February.
- Liang Peng & Qiwei Yao, 2004. "Nonparametric regression under dependent errors with infinite variance," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:62:y:2010:i:6:p:995-1021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.