Systemic Relationship Marketing: Co-creating Sports Brand Equity with Fans and Other Stakeholders
Relationship marketing can be a possibility for sports clubs to improve their brand equity and to deliver added value to their fans. Leading and managing the sports club by a relationship marketing philosophy can help involve the fans into co-creating value. This paper begins by presenting three different types of relationship marketing that sports clubs can use: non-systemic, simply systemic and complex systemic. After making the differences between these three types, the research concentrates on discussing the two systemic marketing types, and provides ideas of how sports clubs can encourage their fans to contribute with value to the brand. Hence, the idea of co-creating value for the brand equity, is further discussed, by presenting models of how clubs could involve fans into the marketing process.
Volume (Year): 14 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irina SHTONOVA, 2011. "Issues in Co-operative Marketing of Tourist Destinations in Bulgaria – a Cluster Approach," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(3), pages 541-549, July.
- Wang, Ryan T. & Zhang, James J. & Tsuji, Yosuke, 2011. "Examining fan motives and loyalty for the Chinese Professional Baseball League of Taiwan," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 347-360.
- Abhigyan SARKAR, 2011. "Romancing With A Brand: A Conceptual Analysis Of Romantic Consumer-Brand Relationship," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 6(1), Spring.
- Christopher Stoney, 2001. "Stakeholding: Confusion or Utopia? Mapping the Conceptual Terrain," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5), pages 603-626, July.
- Pfahl, Michael E. & Kreutzer, Andrew & Maleski, Mike & Lillibridge, Jeff & Ryznar, Jeff, 2012. "If you build it, will they come?: A case study of digital spaces and brand in the National Basketball Association," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 518-537.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:14:y:2013:i:3:p:490-499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.