Examining fan motives and loyalty for the Chinese Professional Baseball League of Taiwan
The purpose of this study was to examine social motivations of Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) consumers and their relationships with fan loyalty. A questionnaire was developed based on the Sport Interest Inventory (SII) (Funk, Ridinger, & Moorman, 2003) with proper modification to measure the unique market environment of the CPBL. The final questionnaire included a total of 18 fan motives, two loyalty constructs (attitudinal and behavioural domains), and demographic variables. Research participants (N=346) were CPBL consumers, who voluntarily responded to an on-line survey. The result of a confirmatory factor analysis revealed a strong psychometrical property of the SII. The result of structural equation modeling indicated strong predicting power of fan motives on fan loyalty. Discussions are presented with regard to theoretical relevance and managerial practice.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Funk, Daniel C. & Ridinger, Lynn L. & Moorman, Anita M., 2003. "Understanding Consumer Support: Extending the Sport Interest Inventory (SII) to Examine Individual Differences among Women's Professional Sport Consumers," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-31, May.
- Geert Hofstede, 1983. "The Cultural Relativity of Organizational Practices and Theories," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 14(2), pages 75-89, June.
- Funk, Daniel C. & James, Jeff, 2001. "The Psychological Continuum Model: A Conceptual Framework for Understanding an Individual's Psychological Connection to Sport," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 119-150, November.
- Mahony, Daniel F. & Nakazawa, Makoto & Funk, Daniel C. & James, Jeffrey D. & Gladden, James M., 2002. "Motivational Factors Influencing the Behaviour of J. League Spectators," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Monle Lee & Anurag Pant & Abbas Ali, 2010. "Does the Individualist Consume More? The Interplay of Ethics and Beliefs that Governs Consumerism Across Cultures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(4), pages 567-581, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:14:y:2011:i:4:p:347-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.