Financial Repression and Populism
[Финансовая Репрессия И Популизм]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Natalia Melgar & Máximo Rossi, 2012.
"A Cross‐Country Analysis of the Risk Factors for Depression at the Micro and Macro Levels,"
American Journal of Economics and Sociology,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 354-376.
- Natalia Melgar & Máximo Rossi, 2009. "A cross-country analysis of the risk factors for depression at the micro and macro level," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1909, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Oscar Becerra & Eduardo A. Cavallo & Carlos Scartascini, 2010. "The Politics of Financial Development: The Role of Interest Groups and Government Capabilities," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1980, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Natalia Melgar & Maximo Rossi, 2010. "A Cross-Country Analysis of the Risk Factors for Depression at the Micro and Macro Level," Research Department Publications 4684, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Becerra, O. & Cavallo, E. & Scartascini, C., 2012. "The politics of financial development: The role of interest groups and government capabilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 626-643.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia1, 2015.
"The liquidation of government debt,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(82), pages 291-333.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 15/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Miguel Urrutia, 1991. "On the Absence of Economic Populism in Colombia," NBER Chapters,in: The Macroeconomics of Populism in Latin America, pages 369-391 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kirkegaard, Jacob & Sbrancia, Belen, 2011. "Financial repression redux," MPRA Paper 31641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gupta, Rangan, 2008. "Tax evasion and financial repression," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 517-535.
- Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D. & Qian, Yingyi & Wang, Yijiang, 2001. "Financial repression and optimal taxation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 245-251, February.
- Olga A. Norkina & Sergey E. Pekarski, 2014. "Optimal Financial Repression," HSE Working papers WP BRP 81/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Introduction to "The Macroeconomics of Populism in Latin America"," NBER Chapters,in: The Macroeconomics of Populism in Latin America, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial repression; populism; optimal fiscal policy; overlapping generations; budget deficit; voting in the absence of populism.;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rnp:ecopol:ep1805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RANEPA maintainer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aneeeru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.