The impact of vertical integration on the efficiency of companies in the emerging capital markets
The article reveals the influence of factors on the efficiency of vertical integration of companies in the emerging markets, is calculated as the Lerner index. The model, which allows to evaluate the effectiveness of a vertically integrated company, and in the case of disintegration. Studied empirical relationship profitability BRICS on the factors that determine it in the case of vertical integration, which has been tested on data for the years 2004-2012. Identify key significant factors across sectors and countries of BRICS. Conducting research will help understand whether there is a trend developing capital markets to reduce dependence on the effectiveness of the company a high degree of vertical integration.
Volume (Year): (2014)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 82, Vernadsky pr., 117571, Moscow|
Phone: +7 (499) 956 95 86
Fax: (095) 564-85-80
Web page: http://www.rane.ru/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2013.
"Vertical integration and efficiency: an application to the Italian machine tool industry,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 397-416, February.
- Fabio Pieri & Enrico Zaninotto, 2010. "Vertical Integration and Efficiency: an application to the Italian Machine Tool Industry," DISA Working Papers 1006, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 24 Nov 2010.
- Fan, Joseph P H & Lang, Larry H P, 2000. "The Measurement of Relatedness: An Application to Corporate Diversification," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 629-660, October.
- Levin, Richard C., 1981. "Vertical integration and profitability in the oil industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 215-235, September.
- Garcia, Serge & Moreaux, Michel & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2007. "Measuring economies of vertical integration in network industries: An application to the water sector," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 791-820, August.
- Garcia, Serge & Moreaux, Michel & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2004. "Measuring Economies of Vertical Integration in Network Industries: an Application to the Water Sector," IDEI Working Papers 255, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Danese, Pamela, 2013. "Supplier integration and company performance: A configurational view," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1029-1041.
- Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2012. "Contracting institutions and vertical integration: Evidence from China’s manufacturing firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 89-107.
- Fan, Joseph P. H., 2000. "Price uncertainty and vertical integration: an examination of petrochemical firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-376, December.
- Григорьева Светлана Алекандровна & Троицкий Павел Владимирович, 2012. "Влияние Слияний И Поглощений На Операционную Эффективность Компаний На Развивающихся Рынках Капитала," Journal of Corporate Finance Research Корпоративные финансы, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», issue 3 (23), pages 31-43. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rnp:ecopol:ep1444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RANEPA maintainer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.