Effect of financial indicators on international ratings of russian banks
In this paper we construct an econometric model based Russian bank ratings, trailers rating agency Moody's, S & P and Fitch in 2010-2013, on the financial statements of banks. It identified the most important factors that determine the trend in the assignment of ratings for all agencies throughout the period under review. It has been demonstrated that the relevance of some indicators varies during the period: their influence on the rating is higher in periods following the financial crisis, especially in the previous them. Targeted financial policy pursued by the bank's management, may lead to a change in its rating, at least for some agencies, but the same measures aimed at improving the financial statements of a particular bank, is likely to lead to different results for different ratings. These authors of the simulation results are compared with those of other domestic and foreign authors, showing their compliance.
Volume (Year): 1 (2016)
Issue (Month): (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 82, Vernadsky pr., 117571, Moscow|
Phone: +7 (499) 956 95 86
Fax: (095) 564-85-80
Web page: http://www.rane.ru/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oriol Aspachs & Charles Goodhart & Dimitrios Tsomocos & Lea Zicchino, 2007.
"Towards a measure of financial fragility,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 37-74, January.
- Lea Zicchino & Dimitrios Tsomocos & Charles Goodhart & Oriol Aspachs Bracon, 2006. "Towards a Measure of Financial Fragility," FMG Discussion Papers dp554, Financial Markets Group.
- Oriol Aspachs & Charles A.E. Goodhart & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos & Lea Zicchino, 2006. "Towards a Measure of Financial Fragility," OFRC Working Papers Series 2006fe04, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Aspachs, Oriol & Goodhart, Charles & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P. & Zicchino, Lea, 2006. "Towards a measure of financial fragility," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24508, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Winnie P. H. Poon & Michael Firth, 2005. "Are Unsolicited Credit Ratings Lower? International Evidence From Bank Ratings," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(9-10), pages 1741-1771.
- Isabelle Distinguin & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Predicting rating changes for banks: how accurate are accounting and stock market indicators?," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 471-500, August.
- Distinguin, Isabelle & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tarazi, Amine, 2012. "Predicting rating changes for banks : How accurate are accounting and stock market indicators?," Research Discussion Papers 15/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Isabelle Distinguin & Iftekhar Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Predicting rating changes for banks: how accurate are accounting and stock market indicators?," Post-Print hal-00915682, HAL.
- Isabelle Distinguin & I. Hasan & Amine Tarazi, 2012. "Predicting rating changes for banks: how accurate are accounting and stock market indicators," Post-Print hal-00785618, HAL.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2011. "EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is There Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 189-206, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2010. "EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is there Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1009, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Roman Matousek & Chris Stewart, 2010. "EU Banks Rating Assignments: Is there Heterogeneity between New and Old Member Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3074, CESifo Group Munich.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, 2013. "Bank ratings: what determines their quality?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(74), pages 289-333, 04.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, "undated". "Bank Ratings: What Determines Their Quality?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 12-31, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Hau, Harald & Langfield, Sam & Marqués Ibañez, David, 2012. "Bank ratings: What determines their quality?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, 2012. "Bank ratings-What determines their quality?," Working Papers 12012, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Marqués-Ibáñez, David & Hau, Harald & Langfield, Sam, 2012. "Bank ratings: what determines their quality?," Working Paper Series 1484, European Central Bank.
- Patrick Roy, 2013. "Is There a Difference Between Solicited and Unsolicited Bank Ratings and, If So, Why?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 53-86, August.
- Patrick Van Roy, 2006. "Is there a difference between solicited and unsolicited bank ratings and if so, why ?," Working Paper Research 79, National Bank of Belgium.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- J. Evans & J. Simpson & A. A. Mahate & R. Evans, 2004. "Impact of operating and balance sheet performance of Japanese international banks on bank safety levels and risk ratings," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 599-610.
- Spyros Pagratis & Marco Stringa, 2009. "Modeling Bank Senior Unsecured Ratings: A Reasoned Structured Approach to Bank Credit Assessment," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(2), pages 1-39, June.
- António Afonso, 2002. "Understanding the Determinants of Government Debt Ratings: Evidence for the Two Leading Agencies," Working Papers Department of Economics 2002/02, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Anatoly Peresetsky, Alexander Karminsky, 2011. "Models for Moody’s Bank Ratings," Frontiers in Finance and Economics, SKEMA Business School, vol. 8(1), pages 88-110, April.
- Peresetsky, Anatoly & Karminsky, Alexandr, 2008. "Models for Moody's bank ratings," BOFIT Discussion Papers 17/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Peresetsky, A. A. & Karminsky, A. M., 2011. "Models for Moody’s bank ratings," MPRA Paper 34864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rnp:ecopol:e16012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RANEPA maintainer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.